Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center

smendiola74

Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center
My internet connection is thwarted when Vista detects Multiple Networks in
the Network and Sharing Center. I want to select the "unidentified network"
and delete it but there is no option to do this. The ISP is no help. Anyone
run across this problem?

ENVIRONMENT:
Broadband connection direct from the modem. Not using wireless. Only one
internet connection. Not on a network. Have not updated to SP1 yet.
Michael Walraven

Re: Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center
Network and sharing center
Customize
Merge or delete network locations
Continue thru UAC
Should list the networks that the machine has seen, you should be able to
delete a network if it is not in use and it is not managed. I don't know
what 'managed' entails so I am no help there.
I have never had more than one network on my desktop with only ethernet
connection, not sure how that would occure.

Michael

"smendiola74" <smendiola74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsE166712-4D87-4A58-8BBD-02D33D21888D@microsoft.com...
> My internet connection is thwarted when Vista detects Multiple Networks in
> the Network and Sharing Center. I want to select the "unidentified
> network"
> and delete it but there is no option to do this. The ISP is no help.
> Anyone
> run across this problem?
>
> ENVIRONMENT:
> Broadband connection direct from the modem. Not using wireless. Only one
> internet connection. Not on a network. Have not updated to SP1 yet.

smendiola74

Re: Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center
Tried this before but I still get either "Multiple networks" or "Unidentified
network"
Anti virus says no viruses.

Thanks for the response though!

Scott

"Michael Walraven" wrote:

> Network and sharing center
> Customize
> Merge or delete network locations
> Continue thru UAC
> Should list the networks that the machine has seen, you should be able to
> delete a network if it is not in use and it is not managed. I don't know
> what 'managed' entails so I am no help there.
> I have never had more than one network on my desktop with only ethernet
> connection, not sure how that would occure.
>
> Michael
>

> "smendiola74" <smendiola74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsE166712-4D87-4A58-8BBD-02D33D21888D@microsoft.com...
> > My internet connection is thwarted when Vista detects Multiple Networks in
> > the Network and Sharing Center. I want to select the "unidentified
> > network"
> > and delete it but there is no option to do this. The ISP is no help.
> > Anyone
> > run across this problem?
> >
> > ENVIRONMENT:
> > Broadband connection direct from the modem. Not using wireless. Only one
> > internet connection. Not on a network. Have not updated to SP1 yet.

Romualdo Maldonado

Re: Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center
I solved this problem by disabling TCPIP v6 on the Local Area Network
Connection and then restart the computer
I hope this information be useful

"smendiola74" wrote:

> Tried this before but I still get either "Multiple networks" or "Unidentified
> network"
> Anti virus says no viruses.
>
> Thanks for the response though!
>
> Scott
>

> "Michael Walraven" wrote:
>
> > Network and sharing center
> > Customize
> > Merge or delete network locations
> > Continue thru UAC
> > Should list the networks that the machine has seen, you should be able to
> > delete a network if it is not in use and it is not managed. I don't know
> > what 'managed' entails so I am no help there.
> > I have never had more than one network on my desktop with only ethernet
> > connection, not sure how that would occure.
> >
> > Michael
> >

> > "smendiola74" <smendiola74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > newsE166712-4D87-4A58-8BBD-02D33D21888D@microsoft.com...
> > > My internet connection is thwarted when Vista detects Multiple Networks in
> > > the Network and Sharing Center. I want to select the "unidentified
> > > network"
> > > and delete it but there is no option to do this. The ISP is no help.
> > > Anyone
> > > run across this problem?
> > >
> > > ENVIRONMENT:
> > > Broadband connection direct from the modem. Not using wireless. Only one
> > > internet connection. Not on a network. Have not updated to SP1 yet.

smendiola74

Re: Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center
Hi!
I gave that a try and I still get either "multiple networks" or
"unidentified network".

Thanks for the reply!

"Romualdo Maldonado" wrote:

> I solved this problem by disabling TCPIP v6 on the Local Area Network
> Connection and then restart the computer
> I hope this information be useful
>

> "smendiola74" wrote:
>
> > Tried this before but I still get either "Multiple networks" or "Unidentified
> > network"
> > Anti virus says no viruses.
> >
> > Thanks for the response though!
> >
> > Scott
> >

> > "Michael Walraven" wrote:
> >
> > > Network and sharing center
> > > Customize
> > > Merge or delete network locations
> > > Continue thru UAC
> > > Should list the networks that the machine has seen, you should be able to
> > > delete a network if it is not in use and it is not managed. I don't know
> > > what 'managed' entails so I am no help there.
> > > I have never had more than one network on my desktop with only ethernet
> > > connection, not sure how that would occure.
> > >
> > > Michael
> > >

> > > "smendiola74" <smendiola74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > newsE166712-4D87-4A58-8BBD-02D33D21888D@microsoft.com...

hus

RE: Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center
remove itunes add on "bonjour' from the add remove programs. It worked for me.

"smendiola74" wrote:

> My internet connection is thwarted when Vista detects Multiple Networks in
> the Network and Sharing Center. I want to select the "unidentified network"
> and delete it but there is no option to do this. The ISP is no help. Anyone
> run across this problem?
>
> ENVIRONMENT:
> Broadband connection direct from the modem. Not using wireless. Only one
> internet connection. Not on a network. Have not updated to SP1 yet.

DomokunOo

smendiola74;749253 Wrote:
> My internet connection is thwarted when Vista detects Multiple Networks
> in
> the Network and Sharing Center. I want to select the "unidentified
> network"
> and delete it but there is no option to do this. The ISP is no help.
> Anyone
> run across this problem?
>
> ENVIRONMENT:
> Broadband connection direct from the modem. Not using wireless. Only
> one
> internet connection. Not on a network. Have not updated to SP1 yet.

Well i have a solution. I've been playing around with my internet to
try to port forward lately and i found out this might help. I want you
to go to
network and sharing center/manage a network/right click the one that
you use to go on the internet and select properties/you double click on
internet protocol version for (tcp/ipv4). If u have anything filled in,
then u must delete all of them and press ok and ok. If not then I'm not
sure.

Even though this has almost been a year i hope this problem has been
figured out but if not than hope this helps!!!!

--
DomokunOo
dhammica

Re: Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center

Thank god for DomokunOo ..!! I have been grappling with a vista home
network for what seems like days now and dealing with office
upgrade/un-install issues. Simple you would have thought, I have 2-4
systems at home, the 1500 page Vista Resource Kit book, over 20 years of
applications & os experience, and billions of pages of internet forums
to wade through, but the windows vista home network ground me to a halt.

Having been messing around with office & MSI crap for days on my wife's
machine (which is only a few feet away from my desk and for which each
of the 100 or so install attempts needs half an hour + 15 mins for a
reboot) , I really needed to get remote desktop working. I did, a few
days ago. BUT the network connection to that machine (including remote
desktop an file sharing) would come and go. In between the uncountable
"interludes" I had while office was either uninstalling, reinstalling or
doing god-knows what, I was trying to get the network maps (network &
sharing centre -> view full map) to work correctly. On the wife's
machine, the same network was coming up twice, one managed and
identified (the general view on the web seems to be that these "managed"
networks in vista cannot actually be managed from anywhere) and the
other unidentified and unmanaged. What a shambles !! Anyhow, as soon as
I saw DomokunOo's post (while waiting for another reboot and thinking of
throwing the whole lot into the river below my balcony and becoming a
farmer), I checked my tcp/ipv4 settings on the machine and yes, it was
correctly set (ie to automatically obtain all settings) but had the
default gateway entry filled in but greyed out of course. As soon as I
cleared this entry and restarted the Network interface, guess what ? I
was left with one managed and identified network in the map. Wow..... My
remote desktop connection still doesnt work but outlook 2003 fixed and
I'm getting there.

I guess vista SP2 will solve these issues (and introduce another 2000)
but looks like Windows 2008 is going to be the grown up version of
Vista.

Thanks anyway, this thread solved one issue which was driving me nuts !

--
dhammica
dhammica's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/131163.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Puja taneja

Re: Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center
Hi,

My TCP/IP doesn't have anything filled in and it still keeps giving
this error.

Can somebody help!

Rgds,

Saurabh

On Aug 25, 5:36*pm, DomokunOo <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
> smendiola74;749253 Wrote:
>
> > My internet connection is thwarted when Vista detects Multiple Networks
> > in
> > the Network and Sharing Center. I want to select the "unidentified
> > network"
> > and delete it but there is no option to do this. The ISP is no help.
> > Anyone
> > run across this problem?

> > ENVIRONMENT:
> > Broadband connection direct from the modem. Not using wireless. Only
> > one
> > internet connection. Not on a network. Have not updated to SP1 yet.

> Well i have a solution. I've been playing around with my internet to
> try to port forward lately and i found out this might help. I want you
> to go to
> network and sharing center/manage a network/right click the one that
> you use to go on the internet and select properties/you double click on
> internet protocol version for (tcp/ipv4). If u have anything filled in,
> then u must delete all of them and press ok and ok. If not then I'm not
> sure.
>
> Even though this has almost been a year i hope this problem has been
> figured out but if not than hope this helps!!!!
>
> --
> DomokunOo

dhammica

Re: Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center

Managed to progress on this after much sweat and tears + some useful
hints from
"http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsvista"
(a great forum) and reading from the Vista resource Kit. My key issue
was with Norton 360 firewall blocking my home network. Check out these
two links:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...-81646328b9df/

and

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-71b16e738933