Cannot connect to wireless Internet

Rash1ne

Cannot connect to wireless Internet
This morning I started the installation of the vista service pack one. once
installed my laptop could not connect to the internet wirelessly anymore, it
cannot find any networks. what's going on?
Rash1ne

RE: Cannot connect to wireless Internet

it's a hp pavililion Entertainment laptop
vista OS, I have tried turing the wireless controller on and off. I've
checked the device manager i've checked the system configuration etc.
nothing. little help? ><
Rob

RE: Cannot connect to wireless Internet
My friend too is having the exact same problem, his is on a Toshiba Satellite
A210, I have tried all settings, even talked to Toshiba, they,re stumped.
Here is a little more info to maybe help you help us. Win vista home premium,
realtek RTL8187B wireless network adapter, all was working up to about 2
weeks ago, then quit. What's funny is that on the desktop by the clock, the
icon for wireless connection claims networks are available "click to connect"
but when you do that you get the message "Windows can not find any wireless
networks", also if you use the toshiba config free wireless radar you can
find at least 3 wirless networks in range. I know it was not the Vista SP1,
because I just installed that, didn't help, a driver update was also
available, tried that to no avail, sorry I know I am rambling on, if you need
more info to help diagnose email me at lrg15@hotmail.com

"Rash1ne" wrote:

> it's a hp pavililion Entertainment laptop
> vista OS, I have tried turing the wireless controller on and off. I've
> checked the device manager i've checked the system configuration etc.
> nothing. little help? ><

Gordon

"Rob" <lrg15@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My friend too is having the exact same problem, his is on a Toshiba
> Satellite
> A210, I have tried all settings, even talked to Toshiba, they,re stumped.
> Here is a little more info to maybe help you help us. Win vista home
> premium,
> realtek RTL8187B wireless network adapter, all was working up to about 2
> weeks ago, then quit.

There was a Realtek driver update offered by Windows Update. If that has
been installed (Control Panel-Programs and Features-View Installed Updates)
roll it back to the previous driver through Device manager and get the
update direct from either Toshiba or Realtek.

See if that helps.

Rash1ne

Re: Cannot connect to wireless Internet
so just roll back the driver? oh and another thing i did a system restore
yesterday and it started working, played som stuff on the net and all was
well. today I turn it on again and it can't find anything, ugh. alright well
i'm going to try turing the driver back then,

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Rob" <lrg15@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > My friend too is having the exact same problem, his is on a Toshiba
> > Satellite
> > A210, I have tried all settings, even talked to Toshiba, they,re stumped.
> > Here is a little more info to maybe help you help us. Win vista home
> > premium,
> > realtek RTL8187B wireless network adapter, all was working up to about 2
> > weeks ago, then quit.

> There was a Realtek driver update offered by Windows Update. If that has
> been installed (Control Panel-Programs and Features-View Installed Updates)
> roll it back to the previous driver through Device manager and get the
> update direct from either Toshiba or Realtek.
>
> See if that helps.

Rash1ne

Re: Cannot connect to wireless Internet
alright I didn't roll back the drivers, or go to anysite to download anything
since the devices are at the version they eed to be. but now and then i am
able to get wireless internet. today this morning i cannot so this is why I
am writing. i came back to my laptop left untouched when shut down last night
and bam, no internet. could it be that the network adapter could be damaged?

"Rash1ne" wrote:

> so just roll back the driver? oh and another thing i did a system restore
> yesterday and it started working, played som stuff on the net and all was
> well. today I turn it on again and it can't find anything, ugh. alright well
> i'm going to try turing the driver back then,
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
> > "Rob" <lrg15@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > My friend too is having the exact same problem, his is on a Toshiba
> > > Satellite
> > > A210, I have tried all settings, even talked to Toshiba, they,re stumped.
> > > Here is a little more info to maybe help you help us. Win vista home
> > > premium,
> > > realtek RTL8187B wireless network adapter, all was working up to about 2
> > > weeks ago, then quit.

> > There was a Realtek driver update offered by Windows Update. If that has
> > been installed (Control Panel-Programs and Features-View Installed Updates)
> > roll it back to the previous driver through Device manager and get the
> > update direct from either Toshiba or Realtek.
> >
> > See if that helps.

Rob

Re: Cannot connect to wireless Internet
I have tried different drivers, new & old, I have done everything except a
repair, don't know what else to do, contacted Microsoft, won't touch it
because it's a Toshiba notebook under warranty & I talked to Toshiba who are
clueless to this particular problem, they want me to take it back to where I
got it, not my computer to make that decision, would prefer if there was a
way to fix it without sending it away.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Rob" <lrg15@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > My friend too is having the exact same problem, his is on a Toshiba
> > Satellite
> > A210, I have tried all settings, even talked to Toshiba, they,re stumped.
> > Here is a little more info to maybe help you help us. Win vista home
> > premium,
> > realtek RTL8187B wireless network adapter, all was working up to about 2
> > weeks ago, then quit.

> There was a Realtek driver update offered by Windows Update. If that has
> been installed (Control Panel-Programs and Features-View Installed Updates)
> roll it back to the previous driver through Device manager and get the
> update direct from either Toshiba or Realtek.
>
> See if that helps.

joe_techie

Re: Cannot connect to wireless Internet
I'm using a Toshiba Satellite Pro A210; Vista Business OS

I downloaded the driver from Realtek. That has not made a real difference.

I find that sometimes I can connect, sometimes I can't. I find what works
whenever I can't connect, is to go to Control Panel\Network Connections;
disable the wireless network connection, then enable it again.

Now that's a real pain - but it's the work around I have for now... It'd be
great if Toshiba/Microsoft/Realtek could solve this
jfd139

Re: Cannot connect to wireless Internet

Well I was having the same problem. I would only get a limited or no
connectivity on and wireless router I tried to connect to. My driver
version was dated May/08, I did a driver roll back and it put it at
December 2007. Now it works fine.

My specs
Vista Home
AMD Turion 64x2 1.9