Access denied

RedThumb

Access denied
I'm trying to share drives and folders between three machines, two desktops
and one laptop all running Vista. I am unable to access files on the primary
desktop from the other machines. Network discovery is ON, I'm using simple
file sharing, permissions are set for everyone allowed full control. I have
user accounts on each machine for the corresponding other machines. UAC is
OFF, Windows Firewall is OFF. Still can't access the files. What other
settings are needed to allow this.
Mick Murphy

RE: Access denied
Just double-check what is below.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"RedThumb" wrote:

> I'm trying to share drives and folders between three machines, two desktops
> and one laptop all running Vista. I am unable to access files on the primary
> desktop from the other machines. Network discovery is ON, I'm using simple
> file sharing, permissions are set for everyone allowed full control. I have
> user accounts on each machine for the corresponding other machines. UAC is
> OFF, Windows Firewall is OFF. Still can't access the files. What other
> settings are needed to allow this.

RedThumb

RE: Access denied
Thanks Mick,

That all looks very familiar, and all those things have been done but still
no joy. Both machines have been rebooted several times to make sure the
network logins are refreshed.

The last time this happened was six months ago when we added the new Vista
machines and the only way we were able to resolve it was to go to Password
Protected File Sharing. I know it shouldn't be necessary but nothing else
worked. This time there are two new machines added. I tried the Password
Protected route but that wasn't working for the new additions, so I turned it
off and removed the password requirements on all computers. Just in case I
had gone too far with all the permissions, I just reset the problem machine
to an earlier restore point, so I;m trying to start all this over again
without any luck.