Sharing PPPoE internet conection via wireless lan

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Sharing PPPoE internet conection via wireless lan
Hi
The content of the following links will provide you with a basic tutorial
about Sharing Internet connection; it is short and to the point. The pages
were written by me ages ago. Ignore the prices, and the specific choice of
hardware, stick with the principles they are still the same.
Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing -
http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.aspx?i=105
Hubs, routers, switches, DSL, LANs, WANs...? -
http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.aspx?i=48
What do I need for wireless networking? -
http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.aspx?i=122
The whole thing should look like this,
http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"louwerse" <louwerse.3ayc89@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> Im trying to share my PPPoE internetconnection via a wireless lan.
> Everything is shared now and i even can see the internetconnection on
> the remote computers. It is listed in my network as a Residential
> gateway device and when i go to properties it says that i can connect to
> the internet trough this device. But when i try to access the internet
> it dont work. also when i enable the gateway it dont give me internet.
>
> The computer that shares the internet connection is a windows XP
> machine and the clients are both windows vista laptops.
>
> I hope someone knows what i have to do.
> Thanx in advance for your responding.
>
> Greetings J. Louwerse
>

> --
> louwerse

Mick Murphy

RE: Sharing PPPoE internet conection via wireless lan
You don't say what you are using to connect to the NET; wireless Router?

Make sure router's firmware is up to date for Vista, check for latest
Network adaptor drivers for Laptops.

Also, try unbind TCP/IPv6 in the laptop's Network connections properties

And how, exactly, did you set up the Wireless Network?
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"louwerse" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Im trying to share my PPPoE internetconnection via a wireless lan.
> Everything is shared now and i even can see the internetconnection on
> the remote computers. It is listed in my network as a Residential
> gateway device and when i go to properties it says that i can connect to
> the internet trough this device. But when i try to access the internet
> it dont work. also when i enable the gateway it dont give me internet.
>
> The computer that shares the internet connection is a windows XP
> machine and the clients are both windows vista laptops.
>
> I hope someone knows what i have to do.
> Thanx in advance for your responding.
>
> Greetings J. Louwerse
>

> --
> louwerse

V Green

Re: Sharing PPPoE internet conection via wireless lan
Also, in some PPPoE situations, you need to set the
router MTU to 1492 (many default to 1500).