Remote desktop

exquisitus

Remote desktop
Hi, I can't connect using remote desktop from home (xp) to my office pc
(Vista business)

Plaese, notice that:
1) From home I can access succesfully (using remote desktop) all computers
except
the one that runs Vista
2) From my office I can access succesfully my vista PC for example using an
Xp of one of my collegue.

In other words
1) I can access vista from local network (remore desktop) without any problem
2) I can access all pc (remote desktop) from home except the one that runs
vista

Other notice
1) I have tryed to disable the firewall (wf.msc)
I have disabled firewall for all profiles (domain/private/public)
I have no other security software installed except symantec antivirus
2) Remote desktop is enabled using "allow connection from computer running
any version of Remote Desktop"
3) The flag "Allow remote assistance connection..." is on
4) The connection from home to office is a VPN connection (router cisco)

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: Remote desktop
Can you ping the office PC from home while connected through the VPN?

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows – Desktop User Experience)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"exquisitus" <exquisitus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I can't connect using remote desktop from home (xp) to my office pc
> (Vista business)
>
> Plaese, notice that:
> 1) From home I can access succesfully (using remote desktop) all computers
> except
> the one that runs Vista
> 2) From my office I can access succesfully my vista PC for example using
> an
> Xp of one of my collegue.
>
> In other words
> 1) I can access vista from local network (remore desktop) without any
> problem
> 2) I can access all pc (remote desktop) from home except the one that runs
> vista
>
> Other notice
> 1) I have tryed to disable the firewall (wf.msc)
> I have disabled firewall for all profiles (domain/private/public)
> I have no other security software installed except symantec antivirus
> 2) Remote desktop is enabled using "allow connection from computer running
> any version of Remote Desktop"
> 3) The flag "Allow remote assistance connection..." is on
> 4) The connection from home to office is a VPN connection (router cisco)
>
> Any suggestion will be appreciated

Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: Remote desktop
I forgot to add to make sure your XP Remote Desktop [RDC] client is
configured like this.

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...endations.html

There is also *NO NEED* to enable "Allow remote assistance connection..." on
the Vista RDC host/server PC unless you need to use Remote Assistance for
getting help from network admins, etc. That is totally separate from RDC.

--

> Can you ping the office PC from home while connected through the VPN?
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows – Desktop User Experience)

> mutual benefit of all of us...
> rights...
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>
> "exquisitus" <exquisitus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, I can't connect using remote desktop from home (xp) to my office pc
>> (Vista business)
>>
>> Plaese, notice that:
>> 1) From home I can access succesfully (using remote desktop) all
>> computers
>> except
>> the one that runs Vista
>> 2) From my office I can access succesfully my vista PC for example using
>> an
>> Xp of one of my collegue.
>>
>> In other words
>> 1) I can access vista from local network (remore desktop) without any
>> problem
>> 2) I can access all pc (remote desktop) from home except the one that
>> runs
>> vista
>>
>> Other notice
>> 1) I have tryed to disable the firewall (wf.msc)
>> I have disabled firewall for all profiles (domain/private/public)
>> I have no other security software installed except symantec antivirus
>> 2) Remote desktop is enabled using "allow connection from computer
>> running
>> any version of Remote Desktop"
>> 3) The flag "Allow remote assistance connection..." is on
>> 4) The connection from home to office is a VPN connection (router cisco)
>>
>> Any suggestion will be appreciated

exquisitus

Re: Remote desktop
Sooner thank you very much for your suggestions.
Now i'm at office, I can try to configure this evening.

At moment I can tell you:
1) No, it seems to me that all vista pc after established the vpn connection
(home) does not pings,
other office computer (xp, win2000) yes; but on this I eill be more specific
this evening

2) I have take a look of link you have give me (thank, thanks & thanks again)
It seems to me that all was suggested is already done by me excepted:
- The configuration suggested for gpedit.msc (now I have applyed this
settings on my vista office pc)
- The computer name: when i am at home instead type the computer name i this
its ip address, the same thing that works for all computer in my office
except vista one.

I remember you that:
- at home I can connect (remote desktop) with all computer in my office
(xp, win/2000) but not with computers that runs vista.
- At office from any computer that runs xp/wim2000 I can connect (remote
desktop) with computers that runs vista

At moment I thanks you very much for your help and thanks to all those wants
to try to help me again.

Bye
exquisitus

Re: Remote desktop
I had tryed during this days
1) After vpn connection establish (home) all pc in my office don't ping: but
pc that runs but i can connect with pc that runs win/2000 win/xp
2) I have applied the suggested configuration but I can't connect (remote
desktop) with pc that runs vista

Any other ideas?

Thans again.
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)

Re: Remote desktop
Are you trying to ping the Vista machine by machine name or by IP
Address?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

> I had tryed during this days
> 1) After vpn connection establish (home) all pc in my office don't ping: but
> pc that runs but i can connect with pc that runs win/2000 win/xp
> 2) I have applied the suggested configuration but I can't connect (remote
> desktop) with pc that runs vista
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thans again.

exquisitus

Re: Remote desktop
Thanks for your answer first.
By IP address.
I have tryed to ping both vista machine and winxp/win2000 machine after vnp
connection establish (home).
All computer don't pings but I can connect (remote desktop) to pc that runs
win/2000 win/xp but not to pc that runs Vista.
I have tryed also to install Ultra vnc, but I have the same behaviour: