Website problems!!

Paul Smith

Website problems!!
hi there i know it might not be the right forum to post such question but i
really need some help and quick :S i have a squid proxy installed on a red
hat server and i also have dansguardian software (blocks certain sites). now
to the problem...i cannot access a particular site which prompts a username
and password upon connecting to it...its giving me authentication error just
as like i have entered a bad username and password...but i did not it gave
it immediately and the dialog did not appear!! i tried connecting directly
to the internet without using this proxy server and it worked like a charm
so problem is not related with browser or software but rather some sort of
config on squid proxy or dansguardian probably. can anyone help me out
please???? thanks a million!!

Malke

Re: Website problems!!
Paul Smith wrote:

> hi there i know it might not be the right forum to post such question but
> i really need some help and quick :S i have a squid proxy installed on a
> red hat server and i also have dansguardian software (blocks certain
> sites). now to the problem...i cannot access a particular site which
> prompts a username and password upon connecting to it...its giving me
> authentication error just as like i have entered a bad username and
> password...but i did not it gave it immediately and the dialog did not
> appear!! i tried connecting directly to the internet without using this
> proxy server and it worked like a charm so problem is not related with
> browser or software but rather some sort of config on squid proxy or
> dansguardian probably. can anyone help me out please???? thanks a
> million!!

You're right - a newsgroup for help with Vista networking is not the correct
place to post for help with Squid or Dan's Guardian. I'm sure there is a
Squid newsgroup, user forum, or mailing list. Ditto for Dan's Guardian.
That's where you should be looking because this is not a Vista issue.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Paul Smith

Re: Website problems!!
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO A LINUX NEWGROUP SUCH AS THIS ONE? I
MEAN WHICH I CAN SETUP ON OUTLOOK EXPRESS?

THANK YOU

Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: Website problems!!
Please turn off your <Caps Lock> switch. No need to shout...

Thanks...

http://www.linux.org/docs/usenetlinux.html

Your ISP may carry them.

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375