how do i remove popup "could not connect to all network drives"

sturmey

how do i remove popup "could not connect to all network drives"
every morning when I turn on my laptop, I get the stupid balloon in the
corner, and it wouldn't be a problem if it went away, but I have to click on
the "x" to get rid of it.

Computer's are supposed to make my life easier, not harder. This stupid
useless balloon is not helping me, and I want to get rid of it. I know it has
to be a registry entry somewhere. does anyone have an answer?

Thanks
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: how do i remove popup "could not connect to all network drives"
HI
Un-Map the Disk Drives the are any more on the Network and it would not come
up.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"sturmey" <sturmey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every morning when I turn on my laptop, I get the stupid balloon in the
> corner, and it wouldn't be a problem if it went away, but I have to click
> on
> the "x" to get rid of it.
>
> Computer's are supposed to make my life easier, not harder. This stupid
> useless balloon is not helping me, and I want to get rid of it. I know it
> has
> to be a registry entry somewhere. does anyone have an answer?
>
> Thanks

sturmey

Re: how do i remove popup "could not connect to all network drives
Sorry. Not a viable solution.

I use the drives, but some of them are mapped to shares on other computers
that aren't alwas on. Also two of the drives are mapped to a file server
through openVPN which only comes up after I've logged in. (OpenVPN allows me
to connect both inside and outside the firewall).

I need to have the drives mapped, I don't need to know if windows was able
to auto connect at log in.

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> HI
> Un-Map the Disk Drives the are any more on the Network and it would not come
> up.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "sturmey" <sturmey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > every morning when I turn on my laptop, I get the stupid balloon in the
> > corner, and it wouldn't be a problem if it went away, but I have to click
> > on
> > the "x" to get rid of it.
> >
> > Computer's are supposed to make my life easier, not harder. This stupid
> > useless balloon is not helping me, and I want to get rid of it. I know it
> > has
> > to be a registry entry somewhere. does anyone have an answer?
> >
> > Thanks

Tom Allen

> Sorry. Not a viable solution.
>
> I use the drives, but some of them are mapped to shares on other
> computers
> that aren't alwas on. Also two of the drives are mapped to a file
> server
> through openVPN which only comes up after I've logged in. (OpenVPN
> allows me
> to connect both inside and outside the firewall).
>
> I need to have the drives mapped, I don't need to know if windows was
> able
> to auto connect at log in.

Delete the mapping and recreate it without 'reconnect at login' ticked ?

Tom

sturmey

Re: how do i remove popup "could not connect to all network drives
That could work. Doesn't it delete the mapping though when I log out? I seem
to remember that happening in previous versions of Windows.

I'll try it and find out.
Sturmey

"Tom Allen" wrote:

> "sturmey" <sturmey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry. Not a viable solution.
> >
> > I use the drives, but some of them are mapped to shares on other
> > computers
> > that aren't alwas on. Also two of the drives are mapped to a file
> > server
> > through openVPN which only comes up after I've logged in. (OpenVPN
> > allows me
> > to connect both inside and outside the firewall).
> >
> > I need to have the drives mapped, I don't need to know if windows was
> > able
> > to auto connect at log in.
> >

> Delete the mapping and recreate it without 'reconnect at login' ticked ?
>
> Tom

sturmey

Re: how do i remove popup "could not connect to all network drives
If you do not check the "reconnect at login" box, it doesn't keep the mapping
after a reboot. This was not the solution.

It has to be a registry entry, I seem to remember seeing something like it a
few years ago, but I can't find it.

Sturmey

"sturmey" wrote:

> That could work. Doesn't it delete the mapping though when I log out? I seem
> to remember that happening in previous versions of Windows.
>
> I'll try it and find out.
> Sturmey
>
> "Tom Allen" wrote:
>

> > "sturmey" <sturmey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Sorry. Not a viable solution.
> > >
> > > I use the drives, but some of them are mapped to shares on other
> > > computers
> > > that aren't alwas on. Also two of the drives are mapped to a file
> > > server
> > > through openVPN which only comes up after I've logged in. (OpenVPN
> > > allows me
> > > to connect both inside and outside the firewall).
> > >
> > > I need to have the drives mapped, I don't need to know if windows was
> > > able
> > > to auto connect at log in.
> > >

> > Delete the mapping and recreate it without 'reconnect at login' ticked ?
> >
> > Tom

sturmey

Re: how do i remove popup "could not connect to all network drives
Came up with a solution, still working on making it perfect.
unmapped the drives that I had.

Created a new network location. used the same shares as I did before using
\\computer\share\ and then named the share according to the names I gave the
drive mapping. (used to be "I:\" now it's "I; drive")

doesn't give me errors when I boot, and I can read and write to the shares
as before. Biggest drawback so far is that I can't get disk usage stats like
bytes free space.

Sturmey

"sturmey" wrote:

> If you do not check the "reconnect at login" box, it doesn't keep the mapping
> after a reboot. This was not the solution.
>
> It has to be a registry entry, I seem to remember seeing something like it a
> few years ago, but I can't find it.
>
> Sturmey
>
> "sturmey" wrote:
>
> > That could work. Doesn't it delete the mapping though when I log out? I seem
> > to remember that happening in previous versions of Windows.
> >
> > I'll try it and find out.
> > Sturmey
> >
> > "Tom Allen" wrote:
> >

> > > "sturmey" <sturmey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > Delete the mapping and recreate it without 'reconnect at login' ticked ?
> > >
> > > Tom

cnjackson

RE: how do i remove popup "could not connect to all network drives"
Good question. There must be a registry setting that will control the ballon pop-ups. Would love to know what it is myself.

jriekse5555

Re: how do i remove popup "could not connect to all network drives"

I've found the error occurs when you have a drive mapped persistenly
(with Reconnect at Logon checked) and the AD profile tab is configured
to map the same drive letter. The drive cannot be mapped since one is
already present and therefore an error is generated.

--
jriekse5555
jriekse5555's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/219167.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

experttechiealicejefferson

RE: how do i remove popup "could not connect to all network drives"
ello,

I would suggest you to visit this link- http://www.supportrix.com/SUPPORTRIX...p?do=LearnMore
You have to register first though, for you to access all the step by step solutions that you need.