Vista laptop connect with XP desktops via router

KWMHK

Vista laptop connect with XP desktops via router
I have connected my vista laptop to xp desktop by router. Everything has
been set according to instruction but everytime I went into other desktop by
clicking the shortcut icon, I could see the folders but the network
disconnected itself. Then, it showed "Path \\workstation2\customer cannot be
used". However, it would reconnect after 5-10 seconds and I can see & open
all files.

Next time, it happened again. Thanks all.
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Vista laptop connect with XP desktops via router
Hi
Make sure that all the computers are assigned to the same Network name and
that the Discovery in the Network Center is configured correctly.
Then check carefully your Computers Sharing settings,
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"KWMHK" <KWMHK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have connected my vista laptop to xp desktop by router. Everything has
> been set according to instruction but everytime I went into other desktop
> by
> clicking the shortcut icon, I could see the folders but the network
> disconnected itself. Then, it showed "Path \\workstation2\customer cannot
> be
> used". However, it would reconnect after 5-10 seconds and I can see & open
> all files.
>
> Next time, it happened again. Thanks all.

KWMHK

Re: Vista laptop connect with XP desktops via router

Thanks Jack,

I will follow your way to try but I don't understand why my other desktops
with XP without this problem. My waindow firewall was closed because we use
Norton and I have already added all IP to Safe IP.

I will let you know the result after trying. Thanks again.
Calvin