Vista laptop...Linksys...XP desktop...can't connect to desktop??

Calgar

Vista laptop...Linksys...XP desktop...can't connect to desktop??
My wife has the laptop with Vista Business and we can see our Linksys router
on Networking & Sharing but not my desktop. On my desktop, I can see her
laptop.
How can I acess the desktop through her laptop? I have Norton Internet
Security as a firewall.
Thanks so much!
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Vista laptop...Linksys...XP desktop...can't connect to desktop??
Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Calgar" <Calgar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My wife has the laptop with Vista Business and we can see our Linksys
> router
> on Networking & Sharing but not my desktop. On my desktop, I can see her
> laptop.
> How can I acess the desktop through her laptop? I have Norton Internet
> Security as a firewall.
> Thanks so much!

Mick Murphy

RE: Vista laptop...Linksys...XP desktop...can't connect to desktop??

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)