Vista Business and 2003 Domain

Fighting Scot

Vista Business and 2003 Domain
I have a new Dell Optiplex PC that I joined to a Windows 2003 domain. I'm
not able to connect to shares on the domain servers. When I try to install
printers only a partial sample of my printers are displayed. I can't attach
to a printer manually, either. The Microsoft firewall is turned off. Is
there something I need to do to use this PC?

Thanks
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista Business and 2003 Domain
What's the system error id you use this command: net view
\\sharingserveripaddress?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Fighting Scot" <FightingScot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new Dell Optiplex PC that I joined to a Windows 2003 domain. I'm
> not able to connect to shares on the domain servers. When I try to
> install
> printers only a partial sample of my printers are displayed. I can't
> attach
> to a printer manually, either. The Microsoft firewall is turned off. Is
> there something I need to do to use this PC?
>
> Thanks

Fighting Scot

RE: Vista Business and 2003 Domain
System error 53 has occurred
network path not found

"Fighting Scot" wrote:

> I have a new Dell Optiplex PC that I joined to a Windows 2003 domain. I'm
> not able to connect to shares on the domain servers. When I try to install
> printers only a partial sample of my printers are displayed. I can't attach
> to a printer manually, either. The Microsoft firewall is turned off. Is
> there something I need to do to use this PC?
>
> Thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Vista Business and 2003 Domain
Hi
It might relate to the setting on the server.
Are the server set to recognize and allow your computer to freely
share/print?
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Fighting Scot" <FightingScot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new Dell Optiplex PC that I joined to a Windows 2003 domain. I'm
> not able to connect to shares on the domain servers. When I try to
> install
> printers only a partial sample of my printers are displayed. I can't
> attach
> to a printer manually, either. The Microsoft firewall is turned off. Is
> there something I need to do to use this PC?
>
> Thanks

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista Business and 2003 Domain
The system error 53 could be security software issue. Do you have any 3rd
party security software? Or this post may help too.
Vista: Can't see other computers
Dec 25, 2007 ... Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:44 pm Post subject: Vista:
Can't see other ... System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not
found. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...be4c86 ae726b

--
> System error 53 has occurred
> network path not found
>

> "Fighting Scot" wrote:
>
>> I have a new Dell Optiplex PC that I joined to a Windows 2003 domain.
>> I'm
>> not able to connect to shares on the domain servers. When I try to
>> install
>> printers only a partial sample of my printers are displayed. I can't
>> attach
>> to a printer manually, either. The Microsoft firewall is turned off. Is
>> there something I need to do to use this PC?
>>
>> Thanks

Fighting Scot

Re: Vista Business and 2003 Domain
I'm not usre what you mean. The servers have no problems with Windows 2000
or Windows XP clients. I deleted the the AD computer objetc and tried to
rejoin the Vista computer to the domain, but it keeps giving me an error. It
says it can't find the domain controller. When I ping the servers from the
Vista computer it always fails on the first reply, but then it finds the
server.