Limited or No Connectivity after Power Outage - Wired Connection

Sean

Limited or No Connectivity after Power Outage - Wired Connection
Hello,

I have been experiencing problems with my home computer after we had a power
outage last night. My computer is connected to a router, which is connected
to a Xbox 360 and connected wirelessly to a laptop that is also Windows
Vista. Both the Xbox 360 and Laptop can connect to the internet, but my Home
PC does not and says "limited or no connectivity." I even unplugged my
router and directly connected the ethernet cable to my Home PC and it still
doesn't work. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me
resolve this problem.

- Sean
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Limited or No Connectivity after Power Outage - Wired Connection
We have seen some cases like this one. You may need to reset
router/modem/switch. Please post back with the result.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have been experiencing problems with my home computer after we had a
> power
> outage last night. My computer is connected to a router, which is
> connected
> to a Xbox 360 and connected wirelessly to a laptop that is also Windows
> Vista. Both the Xbox 360 and Laptop can connect to the internet, but my
> PC does not and says "limited or no connectivity." I even unplugged my
> router and directly connected the ethernet cable to my Home PC and it
> still
> doesn't work. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me
> resolve this problem.
>
> - Sean

Sean

Re: Limited or No Connectivity after Power Outage - Wired Connecti
Hello,

I know how to reset the router, but I'm not quite sure how to reset the
modem and what do you mean by switch?

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> We have seen some cases like this one. You may need to reset
> router/modem/switch. Please post back with the result.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been experiencing problems with my home computer after we had a
> > power
> > outage last night. My computer is connected to a router, which is
> > connected
> > to a Xbox 360 and connected wirelessly to a laptop that is also Windows
> > Vista. Both the Xbox 360 and Laptop can connect to the internet, but my
> > PC does not and says "limited or no connectivity." I even unplugged my
> > router and directly connected the ethernet cable to my Home PC and it
> > still
> > doesn't work. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me
> > resolve this problem.
> >
> > - Sean

Alex

Re: Limited or No Connectivity after Power Outage - Wired Connecti
I'm having a similar problem as well. I have 3 computers all hooked up to a
router. 2 of them work, but the third doesn't, even though the settings are
very much the exact same. I tried swapping connection cables and everything,
but it's still a problem. I'm figuring it's a hardware problem directly in
the computer.

"Sean" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know how to reset the router, but I'm not quite sure how to reset the
> modem and what do you mean by switch?
>
> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > We have seen some cases like this one. You may need to reset
> > router/modem/switch. Please post back with the result.
> >
> > --
> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
> > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
> > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> > "Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have been experiencing problems with my home computer after we had a
> > > power
> > > outage last night. My computer is connected to a router, which is
> > > connected
> > > to a Xbox 360 and connected wirelessly to a laptop that is also Windows
> > > Vista. Both the Xbox 360 and Laptop can connect to the internet, but my
> > > PC does not and says "limited or no connectivity." I even unplugged my
> > > router and directly connected the ethernet cable to my Home PC and it
> > > still
> > > doesn't work. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me
> > > resolve this problem.
> > >
> > > - Sean

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Limited or No Connectivity after Power Outage - Wired Connection
Hi
Try to switch Off every thing.
Then unplug the modem from the power, wait 2 minutes.
Plug the Modem. When the light are stable and indicate that there is a
connection start the Router, and then start the computer.
If the lights on the Modem do not indicate normal operation contact your
ISP.
Jack (MVP-Networking).