My pc does not recognize my router

core9

My pc does not recognize my router
Hello,
I have just spoke with Lynksys about my problem and they say everything is
fine with my router and I believe they are right. Whats happening is my
desktop pc used to see my router under networking / Vista home premium. But
now I cannot find it and when I search for wireless devices such as my new
laptop / running vista home premium as well it cannot find the laptop. I have
internet access on both the desktop and the laptop. How do I reconfigure my
desktop to share between the 2. When I go to ip config from the start menu I
notice on the black screen there is nothing listed for default gateway and on
my laptop there is a default gateway number...

please advice
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: My pc does not recognize my router
Posting the result of ipconfig /all may help. Or check this post:
Vista: local only with 0.0.0.0 ...
Oct 10, 2007 ... Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:22 am Post subject: Vista:
local only with 0.0.0.0 default gateway, Reply with quote ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=1832

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"core9" <core9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have just spoke with Lynksys about my problem and they say everything is
> fine with my router and I believe they are right. Whats happening is my
> desktop pc used to see my router under networking / Vista home premium.
> But
> now I cannot find it and when I search for wireless devices such as my new
> laptop / running vista home premium as well it cannot find the laptop. I
> have
> internet access on both the desktop and the laptop. How do I reconfigure
> my
> desktop to share between the 2. When I go to ip config from the start
> menu I
> notice on the black screen there is nothing listed for default gateway and
> on
> my laptop there is a default gateway number...
>
> please advice

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: My pc does not recognize my router
Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"core9" <core9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have just spoke with Lynksys about my problem and they say everything is
> fine with my router and I believe they are right. Whats happening is my
> desktop pc used to see my router under networking / Vista home premium.
> But
> now I cannot find it and when I search for wireless devices such as my new
> laptop / running vista home premium as well it cannot find the laptop. I
> have
> internet access on both the desktop and the laptop. How do I reconfigure
> my
> desktop to share between the 2. When I go to ip config from the start
> menu I
> notice on the black screen there is nothing listed for default gateway and
> on
> my laptop there is a default gateway number...
>
> please advice

core9

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
> allowed to be shared.
> Vista File and Printer Sharing-
> Windows XP File Sharing -
> Printer Sharing XP -
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "core9" <core9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I have just spoke with Lynksys about my problem and they say everything is
> > fine with my router and I believe they are right. Whats happening is my
> > desktop pc used to see my router under networking / Vista home premium.
> > But
> > now I cannot find it and when I search for wireless devices such as my new
> > laptop / running vista home premium as well it cannot find the laptop. I
> > have
> > internet access on both the desktop and the laptop. How do I reconfigure
> > my
> > desktop to share between the 2. When I go to ip config from the start
> > menu I
> > notice on the black screen there is nothing listed for default gateway and
> > on
> > my laptop there is a default gateway number...
> >
> > please advice

> Hello again,

I opened my device manager and found that under network adapters both the
6to4 adapters have a yellow exclamation mark over them. My problems solution
centre has been no help.