boot mgr missing, have no installation cd

sandra is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
boot mgr missing, have no installation cd
hi
can anyone help with my problem, i dont have an installation cd for my vista, i was told when i called the company, that it was already installed., i have had nothing but problems with this computer, i got it for my son, to play his games, so i dont no if anything he done to it, it keeps coming up boot mgr missing, and then tells me to press ctrl alt and delete, but to no avail, do i need to get an installion cd, and were could i get one? appreciate any suggestions

sandra
Mick Murphy

RE: boot mgr missing, have no installation cd
The company you bought it from has to supply reinstallation Media.
Whether that be via a Recovery Partition, or a Vista DVD, is up to them.
If they don't or won't, contact Microsoft.

Also, check for an F Key to hit right at boot up, which will begin the
reinstallation process. You wil lose all DATA.
If they have not already told you this, ask them: WHY NOT?
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"sandra" wrote:

> hi
> can anyone help with my problem, i dont have an installation cd for my
> vista, i was told when i called the company, that it was already
> installed., i have had nothing but problems with this computer, i got it
> for my son, to play his games, so i dont no if anything he done to it,
> it keeps coming up boot mgr missing, and then tells me to press ctrl alt
> and delete, but to no avail, do i need to get an installion cd, and were
> could i get one? appreciate any suggestions
>
> sandra
>

> --
> sandra

sandra is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks mick, my biggest problem is trying to get the company to take responsibilty for this computer, have only got it 11 months, have nothing but problems with it, they are now telling me its out of warrenty.
Mick Murphy

Re: boot mgr missing, have no installation cd
Sandra, they still have to supply you with reinstallation Media.
Tell them, either they do, or you contact Microsoft.

What is the name of the company?
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia