re-establishing a network

jay.lunis@gmail.com

re-establishing a network
OK, I admit it, I'm not a computer guy. I recently bought a new (Vista
Home Premium) PC to replace my XP PC. On the XP PC I had a wireless
network I could access with my PDA and laptop from almost anywhere in my
house. With the Vista PC I fail constantly. I have read a handful of
web articles on how to accomplish this but I apparently am missing a step.
The Netgear router is working on the Vista PC. Firewall on the laptop
is (when I'm trying to get a connection) disabled. The Network status
on the laptop and PDA show a good signal. How do I troubleshoot this?
FWIW, 'Connect to a Network' on the Vista PC and laptop show 2 networks
- one secured and one unsecured. I don't know why. All I want is the
secured.
Can I uninstall these wireless networks and create a new one?
The Vista PC also has a wired?/cabled? network to access the cable modem
and NAS. Does this make a difference?
Mick Murphy

RE: re-establishing a network
STOP reposting this here!
You have been answered!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Mick Murphy wrote:
> STOP reposting this here!
> You have been answered!

GREAT!! but my newsreader does not show my posts or the responses.
Matter of fact, it keeps giving me 'Message could not be sent.'
Finally found this one today. Apologies for the repeat posts.
Mick Murphy

Re: re-establishing a network
You have about 6 posts on here; some have answers and/or questions for you!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia