printing to my XP PC's printer problem

fireman175

printing to my XP PC's printer problem
I use Vista on my network notebook and XP on my PC. I have a HP 6L printer
hooked up to the PC. All of a sudden, it started printing a blank page in
addition to every page I send to print from my Notebook. The PC prints just
fine. I am stumped as Vista says it has the latest printer driver installed
and so does the XP.

Any suggestions? Firewall are from PCcillin and Mcfee. I have allowed
those additional ports as referenced in another post, but no change.

Thanks for you help.
Gordon

Re: printing to my XP PC's printer problem
"fireman175" <fireman175@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use Vista on my network notebook and XP on my PC. I have a HP 6L printer
> hooked up to the PC. All of a sudden, it started printing a blank page in
> addition to every page I send to print from my Notebook. The PC prints
> just
> fine. I am stumped as Vista says it has the latest printer driver
> installed
> and so does the XP.
>
> Any suggestions? Firewall are from PCcillin and Mcfee. I have allowed
> those additional ports as referenced in another post, but no change.
>
> Thanks for you help.

Networked printers (which a shared printer effectively is) have advanced
options to print banners and/or blank pages between print jobs so as to
separate different print jobs from different users on a remote printer. You
need to check the settings on the printer installed on the Vista machine to
make sure that you haven't inadvertently turned this on.

fireman175

Re: printing to my XP PC's printer problem
I have tried to adjust settings for the 6L printer from my Vista Notebook,
however most everything is greyed out. I even go in as the adminstrator.
But, I will give it a try when I get home. The printer is actually installed
on the XP PC. However, I see it on the Network from my Vista. Is this what
you mean?

Thank you!

>I have tried to adjust settings for the 6L printer from my Vista Notebook,
> however most everything is greyed out. I even go in as the adminstrator.
> But, I will give it a try when I get home. The printer is actually
> installed
> on the XP PC. However, I see it on the Network from my Vista. Is this
> what
> you mean?

Not exactly - it should have been installed as a Network printer on the
notebook, and as such has some extra settings that a local printer
doesn't....

fireman175

Re: printing to my XP PC's printer problem
I reinstalled the printer as a network printer from my Vista Notebook. It
still is hardwired to the PC. I believe this is the way it was before. I
looked around on the advanced button on the setup for the printer while using
the Vista Notebook. I could not find what you were referring to. It still
includes a blank page after every single page of a multiple or single page
print job.

Thanks, Carl