weird internet problem!!

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0aWFuIEZyYW5rZQ==?=

weird internet problem!!
ok, i have vista home premium and my internet is screwed up! There is nothing
wrong with the connection, it says that my internet is fine(in the status)
(it is, I connected it to my laptop and it's working there). But when I open
my browser. It says something like "google error" (and i am not even on
google.com), "not found", "resolver", and more other weird stuff like that.
Sometimes I type in a website e.g google.com and it start to load a totaly
different website! and in the end i get another "not found".

and here's the weird part:my internet works perfectly for like 10 min on
that computer and then stops and i get that weird stuff like i said above.
and when i connect it to my laptop EVERYTHING is fine! There is 100% nothing
wrong with the connection.
I mean I don't even get a message on my pc that there is anything wrong. The
internet status is all the same and from just looking at it you would think
that iti works. But as I said in the 1st paragraph, it is not really working.

I checked everything, i tried to repair my internet, i turned my firewall
off, i reset my modem. I also checked all of microsofts articles and none of
them helped!!

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
Greetings,
Christian Franke!
Keith D

Re: weird internet problem!!

Hi

Almost certainly a third party firewall issue
most of which are causing loads of hassle

try installing this and running a few things

http://www.networkmagic.com/download/

cheers

keith D

> ok, i have vista home premium and my internet is screwed up! There is
> nothing
> wrong with the connection, it says that my internet is fine(in the status)
> (it is, I connected it to my laptop and it's working there). But when I
> open
> my browser. It says something like "google error" (and i am not even on
> google.com), "not found", "resolver", and more other weird stuff like
> that.
> Sometimes I type in a website e.g google.com and it start to load a totaly
> different website! and in the end i get another "not found".
>
> and here's the weird part:my internet works perfectly for like 10 min on
> that computer and then stops and i get that weird stuff like i said above.
> and when i connect it to my laptop EVERYTHING is fine! There is 100%
> nothing
> wrong with the connection.
> I mean I don't even get a message on my pc that there is anything wrong.
> The
> internet status is all the same and from just looking at it you would
> think
> that iti works. But as I said in the 1st paragraph, it is not really
> working.
>
> I checked everything, i tried to repair my internet, i turned my firewall
> off, i reset my modem. I also checked all of microsofts articles and none
> of
> them helped!!
>
> PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
> Greetings,
> Christian Franke!

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZVA=?=

Re: weird internet problem!!
I have had similar problems even after using network magic.
See this posting about routers http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932134/en-us

I have disabled IPV6 Feature on the network card, updated the router
firmware and disabled auto tuning (netsh int tcp set global
autotuninglevel=disable) here is a good discussion on it...
http://www.omgili.com/preview/aHR0cD...A/dD00MzY4NTA=

"Keith D" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Almost certainly a third party firewall issue
> most of which are causing loads of hassle
>
> try installing this and running a few things
>
> http://www.networkmagic.com/download/
>
> cheers
>
> keith D
>

> > ok, i have vista home premium and my internet is screwed up! There is
> > nothing
> > wrong with the connection, it says that my internet is fine(in the status)
> > (it is, I connected it to my laptop and it's working there). But when I
> > open
> > my browser. It says something like "google error" (and i am not even on
> > google.com), "not found", "resolver", and more other weird stuff like
> > that.
> > Sometimes I type in a website e.g google.com and it start to load a totaly
> > different website! and in the end i get another "not found".
> >
> > and here's the weird part:my internet works perfectly for like 10 min on
> > that computer and then stops and i get that weird stuff like i said above.
> > and when i connect it to my laptop EVERYTHING is fine! There is 100%
> > nothing
> > wrong with the connection.
> > I mean I don't even get a message on my pc that there is anything wrong.
> > The
> > internet status is all the same and from just looking at it you would
> > think
> > that iti works. But as I said in the 1st paragraph, it is not really
> > working.
> >
> > I checked everything, i tried to repair my internet, i turned my firewall
> > off, i reset my modem. I also checked all of microsofts articles and none
> > of
> > them helped!!
> >
> > PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
> > Greetings,
> > Christian Franke!

Keith D

Re: weird internet problem!!

"DaveP" <DaveP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have had similar problems even after using network magic.
> See this posting about routers
>
> I have disabled IPV6 Feature on the network card, updated the router
> firmware and disabled auto tuning (netsh int tcp set global
> autotuninglevel=disable) here is a good discussion on it...
> http://www.omgili.com/preview/aHR0cD...A/dD00MzY4NTA=
>
> "Keith D" wrote:

Well thats interesting

i have exactly the same router and i dont get any drop out
so that rules the router out

cheers

Keith D.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0aWFuIEZyYW5rZQ==?=

Re: weird internet problem!!
how do you disable the IPV 6 feature & the auto tuning?

can you please discribe it to me in detail? i have to translate it into
German. did that solve your problem or do you still have it?

thanks for the support,
Christian!

"Keith D" wrote:

> "DaveP" <DaveP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have had similar problems even after using network magic.
> > See this posting about routers
> >
> > I have disabled IPV6 Feature on the network card, updated the router
> > firmware and disabled auto tuning (netsh int tcp set global
> > autotuninglevel=disable) here is a good discussion on it...
> > http://www.omgili.com/preview/aHR0cD...A/dD00MzY4NTA=
> >
> > "Keith D" wrote:
> >

> Well thats interesting
>
> i have exactly the same router and i dont get any drop out
> so that rules the router out
>
> cheers
>
> Keith D.

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZVA=?=

Re: weird internet problem!!
Control panel

network and sharing centre

second line down Connection click on view status

then properties

remove tick from IPV6

click OK

"Christian Franke" wrote:

> how do you disable the IPV 6 feature & the auto tuning?
>
> can you please discribe it to me in detail? i have to translate it into
> German. did that solve your problem or do you still have it?
>
> thanks for the support,
> Christian!
>
> "Keith D" wrote:
>

> > "DaveP" <DaveP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have had similar problems even after using network magic.
> > > See this posting about routers
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932134/en-us
> > >
> > > I have disabled IPV6 Feature on the network card, updated the router
> > > firmware and disabled auto tuning (netsh int tcp set global
> > > autotuninglevel=disable) here is a good discussion on it...
> > > http://www.omgili.com/preview/aHR0cD...A/dD00MzY4NTA=
> > >
> > > "Keith D" wrote:
> > >

> > Well thats interesting
> >
> > i have exactly the same router and i dont get any drop out
> > so that rules the router out
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > Keith D.

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZVA=?=

Re: weird internet problem!!
Not sure I understand. You are having drop outs. You have the same router as
who?

The Vista issue has three components. IPV6 Packets, Autotuning and the SPI
firewalls.
You can turn off IPV6 & Autotuning on Vista but the SPI firewalls are on the
router. I have yet to see any router folks (Dlink, Linksys) say exactly how
to fix it short of disabling it on the router. Lot of routers do not let you.
I have also not seen any garuntee of avoiding the issues except for the DLink
DIR 655. I am almost ready to by a new router ( I have a Dlink DI-524). I
would love to rule the router compatibility out but I am not convinced as you
are. I still have occaional drop outs.

"Keith D" wrote:

> "DaveP" <DaveP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have had similar problems even after using network magic.
> > See this posting about routers
> >
> > I have disabled IPV6 Feature on the network card, updated the router
> > firmware and disabled auto tuning (netsh int tcp set global
> > autotuninglevel=disable) here is a good discussion on it...
> > http://www.omgili.com/preview/aHR0cD...A/dD00MzY4NTA=
> >
> > "Keith D" wrote:
> >

> Well thats interesting
>
> i have exactly the same router and i dont get any drop out
> so that rules the router out
>
> cheers
>
> Keith D.

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZVA=?=

Re: weird internet problem!!
Kim,
Great!!! The linksys wrt150n passed all the test. I am going to enable all
the Vista Features (IPvS, Scaling, ECN) and see how it goes.

When I have a chance, I will test the Dlink router with this.

Thanks for the post!!!

"Kim [MS]" wrote:

> Christian, Keith, and DaveP,
>
> We have a brand new web tool to test your router for Vista compatibility.
> Feel free to put your router through its paces and let us know what you find:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/usi...d/default.mspx
>
> If you have any comments on the tool, please post back and let us know.
>

> "DaveP" wrote:
>
> > Keith D,
> > I agree now, it is NOT the router issue.
> >
> > I got a new router this weekend (Linksys wrt150n). Disabled the SPI
> > firewall. Still had intermittent disconnects.
> >
> > Still looking!!!
> >
> > "Keith D" wrote:
> >

> > > "DaveP" <DaveP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > Well thats interesting
> > >
> > > i have exactly the same router and i dont get any drop out
> > > so that rules the router out
> > >
> > > cheers
> > >
> > > Keith D.

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZVA=?=

Re: weird internet problem!!

"Keith D" wrote:

> "DaveP" <DaveP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have had similar problems even after using network magic.
> > See this posting about routers
> >
> > I have disabled IPV6 Feature on the network card, updated the router
> > firmware and disabled auto tuning (netsh int tcp set global
> > autotuninglevel=disable) here is a good discussion on it...
> > http://www.omgili.com/preview/aHR0cD...A/dD00MzY4NTA=
> >
> > "Keith D" wrote:
> >

> Well thats interesting
>
> i have exactly the same router and i dont get any drop out
> so that rules the router out
>
> cheers
>
> Keith D.

=?Utf-8?B?S2ltIFtNU10=?=