Automatic Reset of Network Adapter in Vista

=?Utf-8?B?bGp3ZWk4NQ==?=

Automatic Reset of Network Adapter in Vista
Hi, i am using Windows Vista Business and my connection sometimes drops due
to my router. However after my router reconnects to the internet, my PC which
is linked via LAN cable to the router remains offline.

I discovered the only way to get it back online is to reset the network
adapter by going to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage
Network Connections > clicking on "Diagnose and Repair" on the LAN icon > and
then clicking "Reset Network Adapter"

I usually leave my computer alone for a week unattended for downloads and
hence i am in need of a program or script that can automatically do this when
the connection drops. Or even better make my PC be able to reconnect to the
internet thru the router after connection is lost.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZVA=?=

RE: Automatic Reset of Network Adapter in Vista
have had similar problems even after using network magic.
See this posting about routers http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932134/en-us

I have disabled IPV6 Feature on the network card, updated the router
firmware and disabled auto tuning (netsh int tcp set global
autotuninglevel=disable) here is a good discussion on it...
http://www.omgili.com/preview/aHR0cD...A/dD00MzY4NTA=

"ljwei85" wrote:

> Hi, i am using Windows Vista Business and my connection sometimes drops due
> to my router. However after my router reconnects to the internet, my PC which
> is linked via LAN cable to the router remains offline.
>
> I discovered the only way to get it back online is to reset the network
> adapter by going to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage
> Network Connections > clicking on "Diagnose and Repair" on the LAN icon > and
> then clicking "Reset Network Adapter"
>
> I usually leave my computer alone for a week unattended for downloads and
> hence i am in need of a program or script that can automatically do this when
> the connection drops. Or even better make my PC be able to reconnect to the
> internet thru the router after connection is lost.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chris P

Quick Fix
I was experiencing the same situation when my PC would got to hibernate or shut down. Here is the fix for that:

1)From the Windows Vista Start menu, click Network.
View Picture
In the Network window, click Network and Sharing Center.
View Picture
In the Network and Sharing Center window, click Manage network connections.
View Picture
In the Network Connections window, right-click the network connection you are trying to use (Wireless or Local Area Connection), and then click Properties.
View Picture
In the Properties dialog box, on the Networking tab, in the This connection uses the following items: area, click to clear check mark from Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6). Click OK.

Then.....

2) Change the adapter settings for TCP/IPv4.

In the Network Connections window, right-click the network connection you are trying to use (Wireless or Local Area Connection), and then click Properties.
View Picture
In the Properties dialog box, on the Networking tab, click to select your network connection, and then click Configure.
View Picture
In the Controller Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
View Picture
On the Advanced tab, in the Properties area, click to select and then change the value of any option with an option of (IPv4) to Disabled. Click OK. The usual items to look for are: IPv4 Checksum Offload, TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4), UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4).
View Picture
Shut down Windows, restart the computer, and then try connecting to the Internet.

This should work. I have tested it myself on multiple platforms and was succesful both times. This information was provided to me by gateway support.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
=?Utf-8?B?S2ltIFtNU10=?=

RE: Quick Fix
ljwei85, DaveP, Chris P,

I'm sorry you're experiencing trouble. The issue may be the router. We
have a new web tool to determine if your router is Vista compatible. Please
try it, and post back what you find out. If it's not the router, it may be
the power saving mode (these are laptops you're talking about?).

Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/usi...d/default.mspx

Let me know.