VPN (dialup) via satellite

=?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3QgLSBFWEUgR3JhcGhpY3M=?=

VPN (dialup) via satellite
I used this under XP and no problem. Vista changes network connection to
limited when VPN connects.

Situation:
SBS2003 server with 2 NIC's. one to local switch and one to ADSL router for
internet. My PC connected to switch to SBS2003. My PC also has satellite
card in it. Under XP to "dial up" connect VPN to satellite via network
worked 100%.

Under Vista (Business) the satellite card works and the VPN connects, but
after a few seconds my VPN network changes to limited connection. I can still
browse other PC's on the network but Outlook connection to SBS fails. The
VPN settings are exactly the same as under XP.
=?Utf-8?B?S2ltIFtNU10=?=

RE: VPN (dialup) via satellite
Ernst,

I'm sorry you're experiencing trouble. Some VPN clients are incompatible
with Vista. Which one are you using?

"Ernst - EXE Graphics" wrote:

> I used this under XP and no problem. Vista changes network connection to
> limited when VPN connects.
>
> Situation:
> SBS2003 server with 2 NIC's. one to local switch and one to ADSL router for
> internet. My PC connected to switch to SBS2003. My PC also has satellite
> card in it. Under XP to "dial up" connect VPN to satellite via network
> worked 100%.
>
> Under Vista (Business) the satellite card works and the VPN connects, but
> after a few seconds my VPN network changes to limited connection. I can still
> browse other PC's on the network but Outlook connection to SBS fails. The
> VPN settings are exactly the same as under XP.

=?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3QgLSBFWEUgR3JhcGhpY3M=?=

RE: VPN (dialup) via satellite
I am using a standard VPN setup from windows network setup wizard

"Kim [MS]" wrote:

> Ernst,
>
> I'm sorry you're experiencing trouble. Some VPN clients are incompatible
> with Vista. Which one are you using?
>

> "Ernst - EXE Graphics" wrote:
>
> > I used this under XP and no problem. Vista changes network connection to
> > limited when VPN connects.
> >
> > Situation:
> > SBS2003 server with 2 NIC's. one to local switch and one to ADSL router for
> > internet. My PC connected to switch to SBS2003. My PC also has satellite
> > card in it. Under XP to "dial up" connect VPN to satellite via network
> > worked 100%.
> >
> > Under Vista (Business) the satellite card works and the VPN connects, but
> > after a few seconds my VPN network changes to limited connection. I can still
> > browse other PC's on the network but Outlook connection to SBS fails. The
> > VPN settings are exactly the same as under XP.

=?Utf-8?B?S2ltIFtNU10=?=

RE: VPN (dialup) via satellite
Ernst,

You said you had a local-only connection, and that Outlook won't connect.
Can you browse to public websites, like www.msn.com; or ping them?

If not, then it may be a security issue with your domain. Have you
installed all the Vista updates onto your machine?