Server execution failed

=?Utf-8?B?RGVubmlz?=

Server execution failed
I'm running vista ultimate and today after a stint in sleep mode my wireless
icon shows no connection and when i bring up the Network and Sharing window,
it takes forever to load and just locks up. Everything else keeps working
though. When I mouse-over the wireless icon it says:

Connection status: unknown
server execution failed

All the while, my connection is working fine.

Any ideas as to what is calling this?
=?Utf-8?B?RWRfVmlzdGE=?=

RE: Server execution failed
I'm having the same issue too. Is there a fix for this yet?

"Dennis" wrote:

> I'm running vista ultimate and today after a stint in sleep mode my wireless
> icon shows no connection and when i bring up the Network and Sharing window,
> it takes forever to load and just locks up. Everything else keeps working
> though. When I mouse-over the wireless icon it says:
>
> Connection status: unknown
> server execution failed
>
> All the while, my connection is working fine.
>
> Any ideas as to what is calling this?

=?Utf-8?B?RGVubmlz?=

RE: Server execution failed
I used system restore to go back a few hours and it fixed it. Still no idea
why it happened.

"Ed_Vista" wrote:

> I'm having the same issue too. Is there a fix for this yet?
>
> "Dennis" wrote:
>
> > I'm running vista ultimate and today after a stint in sleep mode my wireless
> > icon shows no connection and when i bring up the Network and Sharing window,
> > it takes forever to load and just locks up. Everything else keeps working
> > though. When I mouse-over the wireless icon it says:
> >
> > Connection status: unknown
> > server execution failed
> >
> > All the while, my connection is working fine.
> >
> > Any ideas as to what is calling this?

Ross

Server execution failed caused by AIM?
I'm experiencing the same symptoms, apparently AIM may be causing it and there is a workaround listed here:

http://www.xoxideforums.com/networki...ou-server.html

but it won't work in vista home. any ideas?

Thanks,
Ross

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
=?Utf-8?B?SHlwZXJzb21l?=

RE: Server execution failed
Hey am having the same problem too,

When I try to open up Network and Sharing Window, it takes forever to load
and then it locks up.

My wireless icon and LAN icon has a red X on it and when you put the mouse
on over it says :
Connection status: unknown
> Server execution failed

Plus I can't open any of my music files with Windows media player and itunes.

My windows security alert is also acting up saying i have no malware
protection but i have Nortons Antivirus.

I am running Vista Home Premium on my laptop HP Pavilion dv2000.

If any knows how to fix this problem please let me know because it is very
annoying.
I cant even use system restore, because I didn't realize that vista doesn't
automatically turn it on... so am screwed.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY FIXES TO THIS SOON AND EXACTLY WHAT IS
CAUSING THIS.

My last retort is to restore my laptop back to factory settings....

drewman81

RE: Server execution failed
I am having this same issue and have no idea how to fix.

"Hypersome" wrote:

> Hey am having the same problem too,
>
> When I try to open up Network and Sharing Window, it takes forever to load
> and then it locks up.
>
> My wireless icon and LAN icon has a red X on it and when you put the mouse
> on over it says :
> Connection status: unknown
> > Server execution failed

> Plus I can't open any of my music files with Windows media player and itunes.
>
> My windows security alert is also acting up saying i have no malware
> protection but i have Nortons Antivirus.
>
> I am running Vista Home Premium on my laptop HP Pavilion dv2000.
>
> If any knows how to fix this problem please let me know because it is very
> annoying.
> I cant even use system restore, because I didn't realize that vista doesn't
> automatically turn it on... so am screwed.
>
> PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY FIXES TO THIS SOON AND EXACTLY WHAT IS
> CAUSING THIS.
>
> My last retort is to restore my laptop back to factory settings....

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Server execution failed
Hope these two posts help.

No network - server execution failedHolding my mouse over it the popup says
"connection status: unknown server execution failed". At the same time with
that, my windows experience index will ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...1d898 c72477d

Event ID: 2236 - Server execution ...
The server failed to load application
'/LM/W3SVC/1271518477/Root/targetbill'. The error was 'Server execution
failed. Any suggestion? ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...er= asc&highl...

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"drewman81" <drewman81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having this same issue and have no idea how to fix.
>
> "Hypersome" wrote:
>
>> Hey am having the same problem too,
>>
>> When I try to open up Network and Sharing Window, it takes forever to
>> load
>> and then it locks up.
>>
>> My wireless icon and LAN icon has a red X on it and when you put the
>> mouse
>> on over it says :
>> Connection status: unknown
>> > Server execution failed

>> Plus I can't open any of my music files with Windows media player and
>> itunes.
>>
>> My windows security alert is also acting up saying i have no malware
>> protection but i have Nortons Antivirus.
>>
>> I am running Vista Home Premium on my laptop HP Pavilion dv2000.
>>
>> If any knows how to fix this problem please let me know because it is
>> very
>> annoying.
>> I cant even use system restore, because I didn't realize that vista
>> doesn't
>> automatically turn it on... so am screwed.
>>
>> PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY FIXES TO THIS SOON AND EXACTLY WHAT
>> IS
>> CAUSING THIS.
>>
>> My last retort is to restore my laptop back to factory settings....

Kotig

RE: Server execution failed caused by AIM?
If you read down the thread they get to a solution for Vista Home. Posted by
docinventor. Worked for me.

"Ross" wrote:

> I'm experiencing the same symptoms, apparently AIM may be causing it and there is a workaround listed here:
>
> http://www.xoxideforums.com/networki...ou-server.html
>
> but it won't work in vista home. any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Ross

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Gus

RE: Server execution failed
Having same problem and:
When I try to open up Network and Sharing Window, it takes forever to load
and then it locks up.

My wireless icon and LAN icon has a red X on it and when you put the mouse
on over it says :
Connection status: unknown
> Server execution failed

Running Vista on FUJITSU A Series

Can't find ANY fixes anywhere....

"Dennis" wrote:

> I'm running vista ultimate and today after a stint in sleep mode my wireless
> icon shows no connection and when i bring up the Network and Sharing window,
> it takes forever to load and just locks up. Everything else keeps working
> though. When I mouse-over the wireless icon it says:
>
> Connection status: unknown
> server execution failed
>
> All the while, my connection is working fine.
>
> Any ideas as to what is calling this?

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Server execution failed
You may try to add administrator to local services. This post may help.

http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=1001