Vista and XP networking problems!!!

=?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=

Vista and XP networking problems!!!
Just installed vista these days, but only my laptop does work. Problem is, on
my vista compter (will call VIS later) cannot see my XP computer (will call
XPs later). however, my XPs can see VIS, but cannot access, it said "The
network path was not found." I don't really understand what it means?

Secondly, I don't really understand how to setup the "sharing and discovery"
on "network and sharing center", I turn on all items, but my XPs still cannot
access my VIS??? Really hard to setup a network sharing on Vista system!!

Thirdly, on the search bar, I typed the printer location correctly, but
still cannot detect the shared pinter on my XPs. NOT WORKING!?

I think Micosoft really need to improve its help and support centre to solve
this problem.

Please tell me if anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you very much!!
Keith D

reply:- Vista and XP networking problems!!!

http://www.networkmagic.com/download/

> Just installed vista these days, but only my laptop does work. Problem is,
> on
> my vista compter (will call VIS later) cannot see my XP computer (will
> call
> XPs later). however, my XPs can see VIS, but cannot access, it said "The
> network path was not found." I don't really understand what it means?
>
> Secondly, I don't really understand how to setup the "sharing and
> discovery"
> on "network and sharing center", I turn on all items, but my XPs still
> cannot
> access my VIS??? Really hard to setup a network sharing on Vista system!!
>
> Thirdly, on the search bar, I typed the printer location correctly, but
> still cannot detect the shared pinter on my XPs. NOT WORKING!?
>
> I think Micosoft really need to improve its help and support centre to
> solve
> this problem.
>
> Please tell me if anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you very
> much!!

=?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=

RE: reply:- Vista and XP networking problems!!!
what is that?

"Keith D" wrote:

> http://www.networkmagic.com/download/

> > Just installed vista these days, but only my laptop does work. Problem is,
> > on
> > my vista compter (will call VIS later) cannot see my XP computer (will
> > call
> > XPs later). however, my XPs can see VIS, but cannot access, it said "The
> > network path was not found." I don't really understand what it means?
> >
> > Secondly, I don't really understand how to setup the "sharing and
> > discovery"
> > on "network and sharing center", I turn on all items, but my XPs still
> > cannot
> > access my VIS??? Really hard to setup a network sharing on Vista system!!
> >
> > Thirdly, on the search bar, I typed the printer location correctly, but
> > still cannot detect the shared pinter on my XPs. NOT WORKING!?
> >
> > I think Micosoft really need to improve its help and support centre to
> > solve
> > this problem.
> >
> > Please tell me if anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you very
> > much!!

Keith D

Re: reply:- Vista and XP networking problems!!!

> what is that?

Its thr url for a vista/xp network problem /install solver

did you open it ???

> "Keith D" wrote:
>

>> http://www.networkmagic.com/download/

>> > Just installed vista these days, but only my laptop does work. Problem
>> > is,
>> > on
>> > my vista compter (will call VIS later) cannot see my XP computer (will
>> > call
>> > XPs later). however, my XPs can see VIS, but cannot access, it said
>> > "The
>> > network path was not found." I don't really understand what it means?
>> >
>> > Secondly, I don't really understand how to setup the "sharing and
>> > discovery"
>> > on "network and sharing center", I turn on all items, but my XPs still
>> > cannot
>> > access my VIS??? Really hard to setup a network sharing on Vista
>> > system!!
>> >
>> > Thirdly, on the search bar, I typed the printer location correctly, but
>> > still cannot detect the shared pinter on my XPs. NOT WORKING!?
>> >
>> > I think Micosoft really need to improve its help and support centre to
>> > solve
>> > this problem.
>> >
>> > Please tell me if anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you very
>> > much!!

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaw==?=

RE: Vista and XP networking problems!!!
You are not the only one! I have a wireless network set up, and now the
adaptor has passed away. Back to the old cat5. Remember in XP, the workgroup
name was MSHOME; in vista the workgroup name is WORKGROUP. Change the
workgroup name in XP to WORKGROUP, reboot, and it works. Right-click on my
computer, left click properties,, left click: computer name, change name,
change workgroup name
Mick

"Edward" wrote:

> Just installed vista these days, but only my laptop does work. Problem is, on
> my vista compter (will call VIS later) cannot see my XP computer (will call
> XPs later). however, my XPs can see VIS, but cannot access, it said "The
> network path was not found." I don't really understand what it means?
>
> Secondly, I don't really understand how to setup the "sharing and discovery"
> on "network and sharing center", I turn on all items, but my XPs still cannot
> access my VIS??? Really hard to setup a network sharing on Vista system!!
>
> Thirdly, on the search bar, I typed the printer location correctly, but
> still cannot detect the shared pinter on my XPs. NOT WORKING!?
>
> I think Micosoft really need to improve its help and support centre to solve
> this problem.
>
> Please tell me if anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you very much!!

Bucko

Re: Vista and XP networking problems!!!
Hi Edward, after many weeks of having the same problems with Networking, I
installed Network Magic on my machine and it solved all of my problems.
After seeing how Network Magic worked fine I investigated more why I
couldn't do it out of the box and came across the main reason for most
everyones problems. Firewalls! On Zonealarm after I allowed all of my IP
Addresses to be allowed in it worked fine, In Norton I stopped blocking a
lot of what it had blocking from install, and everything worked fine. There
is a website run by a MVP Bob Lin I think called www.chicagotech.net which
helped out tremendously. It might take you a few days to weed through all
the info, but it will help. I have since un-installed Network Magic
(although I did like the program overall) and am using my system fully now.
Hope that helps a litle..

Bucko