XP cant see Vista?

my95z34

XP cant see Vista?

I have file sharing setup on the Vista machine and the XP Pro machine.
Vista can see and access files on the XP machine, but the XP machine
cannot see or access the Vista machine.

I tried to Google but to no avail. If anybody has any ideas, please
let me know.

TIA

--
my95z34
my95z34's Profile: http://www.vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=1821

Keith D

Re: XP cant see Vista?

> I have file sharing setup on the Vista machine and the XP Pro machine.
> Vista can see and access files on the XP machine, but the XP machine
> cannot see or access the Vista machine.
>
> I tried to Google but to no avail. If anybody has any ideas, please
> let me know.

Hi

might i suggets a scroll down thru the mesages on here

this one has numerous threads possible causes are

1] third party firewalls[many have had to be deleted]
2] vista file sharing not set correctly
3] windows firewall not set correctly

cheers for now

Keith D.
=?Utf-8?B?TWljaw==?=

RE: XP cant see Vista?
Try changing the XP workgroup name from MSHOME to WORKGROUP, which is vista'a
workgroup name

> I have file sharing setup on the Vista machine and the XP Pro machine.
> Vista can see and access files on the XP machine, but the XP machine
> cannot see or access the Vista machine.
>
> I tried to Google but to no avail. If anybody has any ideas, please
> let me know.
>

> TIA
>

> --
> my95z34
> my95z34's Profile: http://www.vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=1821
> View this thread: http://www.vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49232

my95z34

Re: XP cant see Vista?

Ok, I found out that XP is actually seeing Vista, but it wasnt
connecting because I had to enter a username and password, but Password
Sharing is turned off on the Vista machine.

Why is it still asking for a password?

--
my95z34
Keith D

Re: XP cant see Vista?

> Ok, I found out that XP is actually seeing Vista, but it wasnt
> connecting because I had to enter a username and password, but Password
> Sharing is turned off on the Vista machine.
>
> Why is it still asking for a password?

Try running this in both computers it will probably solve your issues

http://www.networkmagic.com/download/

cheers

Keith D.