Error:-There are currently no logon server available..............

Sagar

Error:-There are currently no logon server available..............
hi,
I have win 2k3 SBS server and some 4-5 vista business laptops.all the
laptops are on domain, all the laptops are visible in network places and i'm
able to access 3 of them but for others it shows me the error as \\its not
accessible.
There are currently no logon servers available to service the login request.
i had enable the network discovery and also the public folder sharing on
vista laptop.
Any help on this will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Error:-There are currently no logon server available..............
Do you receive a system error if using this command on one of computers: net
view \\problematicvistaipaddress?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Sagar" <Sagar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> I have win 2k3 SBS server and some 4-5 vista business laptops.all the
> laptops are on domain, all the laptops are visible in network places and
> i'm
> able to access 3 of them but for others it shows me the error as \\its not
> accessible.
> There are currently no logon servers available to service the login
> request.
> i had enable the network discovery and also the public folder sharing on
> vista laptop.
> Any help on this will be really appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

Sagar

Re: Error:-There are currently no logon server available..........
Thaks robert for your prompt response,
i checked from my xp desktop, i didn't received any error while executing
the below command in command prompt.

thanks

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Do you receive a system error if using this command on one of computers: net
> view \\problematicvistaipaddress?
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "Sagar" <Sagar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> > I have win 2k3 SBS server and some 4-5 vista business laptops.all the
> > laptops are on domain, all the laptops are visible in network places and
> > i'm
> > able to access 3 of them but for others it shows me the error as \\its not
> > accessible.
> > There are currently no logon servers available to service the login
> > request.
> > i had enable the network discovery and also the public folder sharing on
> > vista laptop.
> > Any help on this will be really appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

john_cena

Re: Error:-There are currently no logon server available..............

Hi Sagar,

Did you check the time on you Vista Laptops. Beacuse if the time is
also not synced correctly you wont be able to log on. Also Make sure
that the computer are created Correctly on your AD. what you could try
is the follwoing

log on to your vista machine localy

Open Command Propmpt, type Net Time '\\ServerName(Your'
(file://\\ServerName(Your) AD)
after

--
john_cena

-Shihan Sylvester Pietersz-
-(MCP,MCSA,MCSE+Security,MCSE+Messeging-
-MCTS,MCITP)-
-Systems -::-Engineer / Consultant Trainer- ::
john_cena

Re: Error:-There are currently no logon server available..............

Hi Sagar,

Did you check the time on you Vista Laptops. Beacuse if the time is
also not synced correctly you wont be able to log on. Also Make sure
that the computer are created Correctly on your AD. what you could try
is the follwoing

log on to your vista machine localy

Open Command Propmpt, type Net Time '\\ServerName(Your'
(file://\\ServerName(Your) AD)
after that check whethter your server Time Zone and Vista Laptops Time
Zones are correct. If there are not make sure they are. If that too
doesnt work remove your vista machine from the domain connect it to a
workgroup and then connect it back to the domain. IT should work.

Hope this helps

Cheers !!!

--
john_cena

-Shihan Sylvester Pietersz-
-(MCP,MCSA,MCSE+Security,MCSE+Messeging-
-MCTS,MCITP)-
-Systems -::-Engineer / Consultant Trainer- ::
Sagar

Re: Error:-There are currently no logon server available..........
thanks john,
i checked the timezones, it is correct & matching with server, one month
back i removed it from domain & connected back, that time also it won't
worked.
i have other 4 vista laptops, they r working fine & i can able to share
files & folders.

"john_cena" wrote:

> Hi Sagar,
>
> Did you check the time on you Vista Laptops. Beacuse if the time is
> also not synced correctly you wont be able to log on. Also Make sure
> that the computer are created Correctly on your AD. what you could try
> is the follwoing
>
> log on to your vista machine localy
>
> Open Command Propmpt, type Net Time '\\ServerName(Your'
> (file://\\ServerName(Your) AD)
> after that check whethter your server Time Zone and Vista Laptops Time
> Zones are correct. If there are not make sure they are. If that too
> doesnt work remove your vista machine from the domain connect it to a
> workgroup and then connect it back to the domain. IT should work.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Cheers !!!
>

> --
> john_cena
>
> -Shihan Sylvester Pietersz-
> -(MCP,MCSA,MCSE+Security,MCSE+Messeging-
> -MCTS,MCITP)-
> -Systems -::-Engineer / Consultant Trainer- ::

john_cena

Re: Error:-There are currently no logon server available..............

Hi Sagar,

Oki since that didnt solve the problem, You try loginig on to the local
machiene and check to see whether the Net Server Service is started. if
it is Manual and not started make it Automatic and start it.

Go to Start in the search bar type services.msc and do the above.

Also go to this URL check to see wheter u have all these done

'iSeries Information Center'
(http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iserie...gtrblshoot.htm)

tell me what happen

Hope this helps ...

Regards

--
john_cena

-Shihan Sylvester Pietersz-
-(MCP,MCSA,MCSE+Security,MCSE+Messeging-
-MCTS,MCITP)-
-Systems -::-Engineer / Consultant Trainer- ::
Sagar

Re: Error:-There are currently no logon server available..........
Hi John,
Actually, there no service named as "Net Server Service" in the services,
there is a service as "Net List Service" i enabled that & made automatic &
tried but didn't work.

thanks

"john_cena" wrote:

> Hi Sagar,
>

> Oki since that didnt solve the problem, You try loginig on to the local
> machiene and check to see whether the Net Server Service is started. if
> it is Manual and not started make it Automatic and start it.
>
> Go to Start in the search bar type services.msc and do the above.
>

> Also go to this URL check to see wheter u have all these done
>
> 'iSeries Information Center'
> (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iserie...gtrblshoot.htm)
>

> tell me what happen
>

> Hope this helps ...
>
> Regards
>

> --
> john_cena
>
> -Shihan Sylvester Pietersz-
> -(MCP,MCSA,MCSE+Security,MCSE+Messeging-
> -MCTS,MCITP)-
> -Systems -::-Engineer / Consultant Trainer- ::

john_cena

Re: Error:-There are currently no logon server available..............

Hi Saga,
the service i mean is the Server service. chcek this link
' -US;139410\"]_http://support.microsoft.com/defau_[...]_-US;139410_'
(http://support.microsoft.com/defau [...)

Also saw these suggestions:

Resolutions:

1) Check the DNS settings on both servers and clients, and correct any
errors. (very importanat.)

2) It is better to load on protocol, TCP/IP only.

3) If you have mixed network, setup WINS server or install NetBIOS over

TCP/IP on W2K/XP instead of loading NetBEUI.

4) Also make sure that Domain Controllers register their DOMAIN<1C>
NetBIOS
names with the WINS Server.

5) The fix is to use hybrid node instead of p-node or m-node.

6) If the network is configured to use for NetBIOS name resolution
but the
client hasn't been set manually, it could be set through a DHCP release

option 46.

7) Apply service pack.

Also make suer that your computer accounts for your laptops are reset
on your AD.

Hope this helps

Cheers !!