Vista wireless Local Only PLEASE HELP

=?Utf-8?B?b3d2cDcwMg==?=

Vista wireless Local Only PLEASE HELP
I have tons of XP machines that can connect to our linksys wireless router
and access the interent fine. In fact this Vista machine did also for the
past month. This morning I changed the SSID of the router (NOTHING ELSE) and
ever since then the vista machine wont connect to the web. It connects to the
router fine, pulls a valid IP, can ping all the network computers, but wont
access the internet. It says Local Only when I look at the connection. I've
tested it with other XP machines just to make sure everything was okay with
the router and those all work pefectly. I've done just about everything I can
think of. Reinstalled drivers, disconnected, re-added the network, even
system restore. Nothing has worked though.

Another interesting thing is that when I connect to the routher it'll also
add another sometimes 2 connections for example, our router is named MCW-1,
it'll then connect to it then add MCW-1(2), then MCW-1(3). I then have to
merge all of those connections. Anyone have any idea what the heck is going
on, I'm really losing my patience after 6 hours of trouble shooting this.
Thanks
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Vista wireless Local Only PLEASE HELP
Have you tried to assign static IP manually? This link have more fixes.

Vista: Wireless local only
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewforum.php?f=1

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE