Wireless Networking

=?Utf-8?B?TmVybw==?=

Wireless Networking
I have a netgear Wireless ADSL Router.
Laptop that does connect to the internet thru router
Main PC that does connect to the internet thru router

Laptop does find the home network but wont connect just gives the following
error
Error code: 0x80070035
The network path was not found

so im unable to access my files or printer from my laptop that are on my
main PC
Can anyone help please Im running Vista Home Premium on both machines
nicholas hall

Re: Wireless Networking
What antivirus software are you using and what security features are set on
your roughter?

NIK

"Nero" <Nero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a netgear Wireless ADSL Router.
> Laptop that does connect to the internet thru router
> Main PC that does connect to the internet thru router
>
> Laptop does find the home network but wont connect just gives the
> following
> error
> Error code: 0x80070035
> The network path was not found
>
> so im unable to access my files or printer from my laptop that are on my
> main PC
> Can anyone help please Im running Vista Home Premium on both machines

=?Utf-8?B?TmVybw==?=

RE: Wireless Networking
Sorry i should add the both Laptop & Main PC connect wirelessly

"Nero" wrote:

> I have a netgear Wireless ADSL Router.
> Laptop that does connect to the internet thru router
> Main PC that does connect to the internet thru router
>
> Laptop does find the home network but wont connect just gives the following
> error
> Error code: 0x80070035
> The network path was not found
>
> so im unable to access my files or printer from my laptop that are on my
> main PC
> Can anyone help please Im running Vista Home Premium on both machines

=?Utf-8?B?TmVybw==?=

Re: Wireless Networking
Thank you for reply.
Im currently Running No Anti Virus as its a clean install on the main pc.
Avast is running on my laptop.
Security on the router is just WEP everything else is disabled.

"nicholas hall" wrote:

> What antivirus software are you using and what security features are set on
> your roughter?
>
> NIK
>
> "Nero" <Nero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a netgear Wireless ADSL Router.
> > Laptop that does connect to the internet thru router
> > Main PC that does connect to the internet thru router
> >
> > Laptop does find the home network but wont connect just gives the
> > following
> > error
> > Error code: 0x80070035
> > The network path was not found
> >
> > so im unable to access my files or printer from my laptop that are on my
> > main PC
> > Can anyone help please Im running Vista Home Premium on both machines

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaw==?=

Re: Wireless Networking
I use Avast; it is brilliant! The Networking prob! I have got mine to work,
somehow. One thing I did was to change the workgroup name of XP from MSHOME
to WORKGROUP, which is the name that Vista uses now.

"Nero" wrote:

> Thank you for reply.
> Im currently Running No Anti Virus as its a clean install on the main pc.
> Avast is running on my laptop.
> Security on the router is just WEP everything else is disabled.
>

> "nicholas hall" wrote:
>
> > What antivirus software are you using and what security features are set on
> > your roughter?
> >
> > NIK
> >
> > "Nero" <Nero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a netgear Wireless ADSL Router.
> > > Laptop that does connect to the internet thru router
> > > Main PC that does connect to the internet thru router
> > >
> > > Laptop does find the home network but wont connect just gives the
> > > following
> > > error
> > > Error code: 0x80070035
> > > The network path was not found
> > >
> > > so im unable to access my files or printer from my laptop that are on my
> > > main PC
> > > Can anyone help please Im running Vista Home Premium on both machines

Newbie

robernet is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hope this helps.
My problems started a couple days ago. I have a network of XP & Vistas (Business & Ultimate, bad experience with Homes) and was working 100%. Suddenly my laptop stopped conecting with XPs BUT NOT the other Vistas. As everyone of you, checked every forum without success.
Researching the behavior of other Vistas I think I found the CAUSE of the problem.

Check this out in your networks:

1.- Open Network from the Start button.
2.- If the icons of other computers or devices appears then follow thru. If not, the problem is somewhere else. Check the network cables or wireless or antivirus.
3.- If you select one icon, in the bottom part of the windows should appear something like this:

DEVICE-NAME Categorias: PC
Grupo de trabajo: XXXXXX (workgroup)
Ubicacion de red: xxxxx.xxxxx (domain name)

(sorry that it's in spanish. I don't know the actual texts on english)
In my case, the text "Ubicacion de red: xxxxx.xxxxx" DOESN'T appear in the devices that I can't access.

Now try this:

1.- Open a CMD window
2.- ping DEVICE-NAME. It will fail.
3.- ping DEVICE-NAME.DOMAIN-NAME. IT WILL WORK.

Why did I lost the domain names from some of the devices? I don't know.
How can I add the domain names in them? I don't know

If I find the answer, I'll post it here

Regads,
RoberNet
Newbie

robernet is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hope this helps.
My problems started a couple days ago. I have a network of XP & Vistas (Business & Ultimate, bad experience with Homes) and was working 100%. Suddenly my laptop, AND ONLY MY LAPTOP, stopped connecting with XPs BUT NOT the other Vistas. I checked the other Vistas and they worked fine. As everyone of you, I checked every forum without success.
[...]

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Wireless Networking
DEVICE-NAME is NetBIOS name and DEVICE-NAME.DOMAIN-NAME is FQDN. So, this could be the DNS suffix issue.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

--
robernet