Pardon my insanity.

Iron Feliks

Pardon my insanity.
I have a desktop computer with two NICs. NIC1 goes to a broadband router
that provides both wired and wifi connectivity for the main LAN. NIC2 goes
to a workgroup router which is shared with my notebook. The notebook has
one wired NIC and a WiFi.

What I want to insure is that all communication between the desktop and
notebook is handled by the workgroup router and not the broadband router.
The notebook uses the wifi on the broadband router for internet
connectivity.

Hopefully what I just said is understandable. The desktop uses Ultimate 64
bit and the notebook home basic 32 bit.

TIA.

--
Iron Feliks

nospam

Re: Pardon my insanity.

"Iron Feliks" <f dzerzhinsky@kgb.ru> wrote in message
>I have a desktop computer with two NICs. NIC1 goes to a broadband router
>that provides both wired and wifi connectivity for the main LAN. NIC2 goes
>to a workgroup router which is shared with my notebook. The notebook has
>one wired NIC and a WiFi.
>
> What I want to insure is that all communication between the desktop and
> notebook is handled by the workgroup router and not the broadband router.
> The notebook uses the wifi on the broadband router for internet
> connectivity.
>
> Hopefully what I just said is understandable. The desktop uses Ultimate
> 64 bit and the notebook home basic 32 bit.
>
> TIA.
>
> --
> Iron Feliks

Just disable file and printer sharing in the properties section of the NICs
in question.

Iron Feliks

Re: Pardon my insanity.

"nospam" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message

> "Iron Feliks" <f dzerzhinsky@kgb.ru> wrote in message
>>I have a desktop computer with two NICs. NIC1 goes to a broadband router
>>that provides both wired and wifi connectivity for the main LAN. NIC2
>>goes to a workgroup router which is shared with my notebook. The notebook
>>has one wired NIC and a WiFi.
>>
>> What I want to insure is that all communication between the desktop and
>> notebook is handled by the workgroup router and not the broadband router.
>> The notebook uses the wifi on the broadband router for internet
>> connectivity.
>>
>> Hopefully what I just said is understandable. The desktop uses Ultimate
>> 64 bit and the notebook home basic 32 bit.
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> --
>> Iron Feliks

> Just disable file and printer sharing in the properties section of the
> NICs in question.

If I understand you correctly, that would mean I'd only have to do that for
the WiFi interface of the notebook. That would permit file and printer
sharing on all the NICs connected to routers by wire.