Wireless not connecting to Internet. Access Local

Minx

Wireless not connecting to Internet. Access Local
I just bought a new Dell laptop that is installed with Windows Vista. I am
not able to connect my wireless to internet. It says access local only. I
have no problem when connecting using cable direct to Boradband. Never had
this problem with old laptop using XP. Please help.
--
Minx
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Wireless not connecting to Internet. Access Local
Posting the result of ipconfig /all here may help.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Minx" <Minx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a new Dell laptop that is installed with Windows Vista. I am
> not able to connect my wireless to internet. It says access local only.
> have no problem when connecting using cable direct to Boradband. Never
> had
> this problem with old laptop using XP. Please help.
> --
> Minx

Location: San Diego
shawna.9 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Helpfull Tips!
Depending on which version of Vista you are using, I have some helpful tips... you may view them at Error Message: Connected with Limited Access or--- FORUMS, WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM, then choose the one labeled "ERROR MESSAGE: CONNECTED LIMITED ACCESS" also you may contact me for more help via. AIM Shawna099 and I'd be happy to assist you!!!
amygravy

"shawna.9" wrote:

> Depending on which version of Vista you are using, I have some helpful
> tips... you may view them at http://tinyurl.com/3w8k2f or--- FORUMS,
> WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM, then choose the one labeled "*ERROR MESSAGE:
> CONNECTED LIMITED ACCESS"* also you may contact me for more help via.
> AIM Shawna099 and I'd be happy to assist you!!!
>

> --
> shawna.9

Location: San Diego
shawna.9 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
uh theres no message???
__________________
Shawna

P.S

You may contact me for additional help via AIM: Shawna099

Have a DAY!
Dusty1969

Re: Wireless not connecting to Internet. Access Local

I have been searching for several hours for ways to fix the local access
only for my sons computer. And I have tried all the fixes listed
starting with uninstalling wireless driver then reseting ip then turning
off one thing and manually setting ip to resetting the router. i also
did the ipconfig part. I do not know what to do next. I am running
Vista on a Toshiba laptop. the best i get is local access only.

--
Dusty1969
Dusty1969's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52184

http://forums.techarena.in

Phillips

Re: Wireless not connecting to Internet. Access Local
Check you router's WI-FI access settings... security key/password, Interne
access policies etc. What router do you use? Manufacturers have connection
utilities on their websites that would make the hook up easier.
Michael

"Dusty1969" <Dusty1969.3bp6fd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
newsusty1969.3bp6fd@DoNotSpam.com...

> I have been searching for several hours for ways to fix the local access
> only for my sons computer. And I have tried all the fixes listed
> starting with uninstalling wireless driver then reseting ip then turning
> off one thing and manually setting ip to resetting the router. i also
> did the ipconfig part. I do not know what to do next. I am running
> Vista on a Toshiba laptop. the best i get is local access only.
>

> --
> Dusty1969
> Dusty1969's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52184
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=960771
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Dusty1969

Re: Wireless not connecting to Internet. Access Local

Just letting you know i called lynksys and they walked me through
resetting my router to the point all the computers in the house are
working again. What a simple idea and i just didn't think of that. I
was over complicating things.