cannot communicate with www.microsoft.com (207.46.192.254)

Missie

cannot communicate with www.microsoft.com (207.46.192.254)
I have windows vista basic edition and at least once a day sometimes twice my
internet connection looses connectivity. I get an error message saying

"cannot communicate with www.microsoft.com (207.46.192.254)

network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response"

I have to restart my computer everytime this happens and it gets rather
annoying.

I've tried everything the fix the problem but it still keeps happening.

Any help??

Steve Winograd

Re: cannot communicate with www.microsoft.com (207.46.192.254)
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:27:00 -0700, Missie
<Missie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have windows vista basic edition and at least once a day sometimes twice my
>internet connection looses connectivity. I get an error message saying
>
>"cannot communicate with www.microsoft.com (207.46.192.254)
>
>network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response"
>
>I have to restart my computer everytime this happens and it gets rather
>annoying.
>
>I've tried everything the fix the problem but it still keeps happening.
>
>Any help??

The Microsoft web site never replies to pings. Pinging it isn't a
valid test of Internet connectivity.

Can you ping other sites? Ones that I use to test connectivity are
google.com and yahoo.com.

Are there any error messages about networking or TCP/IP in Event
Viewer?
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Mick Murphy

RE: cannot communicate with www.microsoft.com (207.46.192.254)
You don't say what hardware to use to connect.
1 Ring your ISP re the problem; it may be their software!
2. If you use a router, update the Firmware.
3. Update your Network Adaptor Drivers.
4. Right-click your Network Connection> Properties> untick TCP/IPv6; reboot.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Missie" wrote:

> I have windows vista basic edition and at least once a day sometimes twice my
> internet connection looses connectivity. I get an error message saying
>
> "cannot communicate with www.microsoft.com (207.46.192.254)
>
> network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response"
>
> I have to restart my computer everytime this happens and it gets rather
> annoying.
>
> I've tried everything the fix the problem but it still keeps happening.
>
> Any help??

aprobert09021972

Re: cannot communicate with www.microsoft.com (207.46.192.254)

Are you actually trying to get on to MS? Could just be the pc polling
for updates or time or something like that. Could be a firewall setting
or something recently changed in IE???

--
aprobert09021972

Tom Moorman is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Similar problem
Started using Vista Business Jan 5, frequently go to Gramophone's website (2 or more times a week) begining July 6 can't get there anymore. The message I get is "Cannot communicate with Gramophone - Home - The world's best classical music magazine (92.52.75.182) Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response."

Emailed Gramophone, they are not experiencing any problems. Asked a couple of local friends to try the site and they had no problems. Took down my firewall, still no access. What has happened?

celled is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Same exact problem
I've been able to visit the site xtaciturn.info and have quite frequently until about a week ago it said that I couldn't connect to the site but I can connect to it at school and other places. I ran the network diagnostics and all it said was the windows cannot communicate with the site but I know for a fact it's up and running. What's going on and how can I fix it? Running vista home

celled is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
new info
So after fiddling around with some stuff I come to find that I can view the site using one of those free proxy anonymous web browsing sites but I can't view it regularly. What's up with that?