vista connecting to win2k3 RRAS

=?Utf-8?B?d2Fpa2lraQ==?=

vista connecting to win2k3 RRAS
Im having problem connecting to our dial up server in the office. The dial up
server is win2k3 running RRAS. We have been using this server for win 98,
win2k, XP and even MAC and was able to connect to the internet using this
server. However, with windows Vista I can only connect Local and cannot get
through the internet.
Is there something missing? Should I uninstall the IPV6 protocol on my
network?

Thanks for any help you can share.
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: vista connecting to win2k3 RRAS
We have seen more and more cases like this one. If disabling the IPV6 doesn't fix it, make sure the VPN client is setup as private network. Also check the routing table. This link may help,

Vista VPN issues
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewforum.php?f=2

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"waikiki" <waikiki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32313D4B-EA96-4134-B86F-06C4F17466DC@microsoft.com...
Im having problem connecting to our dial up server in the office. The dial up
server is win2k3 running RRAS. We have been using this server for win 98,
win2k, XP and even MAC and was able to connect to the internet using this
server. However, with windows Vista I can only connect Local and cannot get
through the internet.
Is there something missing? Should I uninstall the IPV6 protocol on my
network?

Thanks for any help you can share.
=?Utf-8?B?d2Fpa2lraQ==?=

Re: vista connecting to win2k3 RRAS
Thanks Robert for your help.

However, I tried to turn off the IPV6 protocol but not yet set the client to
"Private". While trying to see what was wrong I connected to our dial up
server and then tried to ping the ip address of yahoo from the command prompt
and I have a successful response but when i tried to ping the domain name it
wont.

So I tried to change my DNS and use the DNS of our ISP but still no luck.

I decided to connect to my dial Up ISP using the same connection but
different username, password and telephone number and it connected without
problem.

Please note that this is just a simple Dial Up server without VPN.

I will try tonight to make the connection private and see if it would change
anything.