Cant connect to workgroup at work to use exchange server for outlo

=?Utf-8?B?QyBBdCBXb3Jr?=

Cant connect to workgroup at work to use exchange server for outlo
Hello.
I bought a new HP pav 6000 in february and am now working with an NT 4.0
server at work abroad. I can't connect to the server to use the server email
exchange through Outlook. I can share files through the network, collect
files from other computers, and use the internet however.

I cant also send message back and forth to Xp Computers, nor can they
netsend me. I have vista home ultimate, windows firewall, net discovery on,
public sharing on, file sharing on.

Every time i logon to outlook and try to conncet o to exchange and enter my
user account on the server and password it doesnt work. I've tried with the
"servers name\user name", and still nothing

Any help would be great.
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Cant connect to workgroup at work to use exchange server for outlo
Sounds like name resolution issue. Have you enabled WINS?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"C At Work" <C At Work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsC009D8A-51ED-43EE-938C-400AC1E8CEF0@microsoft.com...
Hello.
I bought a new HP pav 6000 in february and am now working with an NT 4.0
server at work abroad. I can't connect to the server to use the server email
exchange through Outlook. I can share files through the network, collect
files from other computers, and use the internet however.

I cant also send message back and forth to Xp Computers, nor can they
netsend me. I have vista home ultimate, windows firewall, net discovery on,
public sharing on, file sharing on.

Every time i logon to outlook and try to conncet o to exchange and enter my
user account on the server and password it doesnt work. I've tried with the
"servers name\user name", and still nothing

Any help would be great.
Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\)

Re: Cant connect to workgroup at work to use exchange server for outlo
You can access and be accessed by other systems on the network, so you
obviously have connectivity. You can reach the Internet. At that point, it
seems like an issue you'd need to pursue through Outlook, not Windows
networking.

Does OWA work? That would let you check connectivity to the Exchange
server.

"C At Work" <C At Work@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
newsC009D8A-51ED-43EE-938C-400AC1E8CEF0@microsoft.com...
> Hello.
> I bought a new HP pav 6000 in february and am now working with an NT 4.0
> server at work abroad. I can't connect to the server to use the server
> email
> exchange through Outlook. I can share files through the network, collect
> files from other computers, and use the internet however.
>
> I cant also send message back and forth to Xp Computers, nor can they
> netsend me. I have vista home ultimate, windows firewall, net discovery
> on,
> public sharing on, file sharing on.
>
> Every time i logon to outlook and try to conncet o to exchange and enter
> my
> user account on the server and password it doesnt work. I've tried with
> the
> "servers name\user name", and still nothing
>
> Any help would be great.

=?Utf-8?B?QyBBdCBXb3Jr?=

Re: Cant connect to workgroup at work to use exchange server for o
What is OWA? Netbios is enabled. Still having issues...

"Michael A. Bishop (MSFT)" wrote:

> You can access and be accessed by other systems on the network, so you
> obviously have connectivity. You can reach the Internet. At that point, it
> seems like an issue you'd need to pursue through Outlook, not Windows
> networking.
>
> Does OWA work? That would let you check connectivity to the Exchange
> server.
>
> "C At Work" <C At Work@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> newsC009D8A-51ED-43EE-938C-400AC1E8CEF0@microsoft.com...
> > Hello.
> > I bought a new HP pav 6000 in february and am now working with an NT 4.0
> > server at work abroad. I can't connect to the server to use the server
> > email
> > exchange through Outlook. I can share files through the network, collect
> > files from other computers, and use the internet however.
> >
> > I cant also send message back and forth to Xp Computers, nor can they
> > netsend me. I have vista home ultimate, windows firewall, net discovery
> > on,
> > public sharing on, file sharing on.
> >
> > Every time i logon to outlook and try to conncet o to exchange and enter
> > my
> > user account on the server and password it doesnt work. I've tried with
> > the
> > "servers name\user name", and still nothing
> >
> > Any help would be great.

=?Utf-8?B?S2ltIFtNU10=?=

Re: Cant connect to workgroup at work to use exchange server for o
C At Work,

I'm sorry you're experiencing trouble. OWA stands for Outlook Web Access.
It's essential a webmail service of Exchange. Essentially, it means you can
access your Outlook mail through Internet Explorer through a web-service.
The downside is that OWA requires a connection in order to function.

Please check with your network administrator to see if they have OWA enabled
for Exchange.

Please post back your findings.