Help! Vista Cannot create dialup/VPN connections "The wizard cannot create the connection"

licensetokill007

Help! Vista Cannot create dialup/VPN connections "The wizard cannot create the connection"
I have a new Sony laptop that was having some problems, so I
reformatted the drive and did a system restore. I took all the
preinstalled junk off the computer, and then installed office 2007.

When I went to create a VPN connection today I followed the standard
process of clicking "Set up a connection or network," selected the VPN
option and entered all the login info, etc.

Regardless of whether I click connect now, or just click the "Save and
connect later" checkbox, the system gives an error a few seconds after
the final screen saying "The wizard cannot create the connection."

As a test, I tried creating a dummy dial-up connection and it claimed
it could not find any modems, and then threw the same error when I
tried to save the connection anyway.

I've googled to no avail and have no idea where to start since I am
new to Vista. Please save me from doing another reimage/de-junk/re-
install!

Thanks!

Pat

Dave

Vista Business on a domain cannot create dial upconnections
I also have this same issue.
I am trying to create a dial up connection on my Vista Business system. No matter what I do after I join the system to the domain I cannot create a dial up connection. This is a dell system and has not been changed in any way. All the preinstalled junk is still on it. Anyone that may know how to solve this please post. Thanks

Dave

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
=?Utf-8?B?U2tpcA==?=

RE: Vista Business on a domain cannot create dial up connections
I have also been having a simular issues that seems to be occuring on OEM
systems, 2 Dells and 1 Compaq

I have the user creat the dial up account, through both the internet options
tab, and then we tried through the network and sharing tab, and it will not
save the connection.

Any help would be appreciated

"Dave" wrote:

> I also have this same issue.
> I am trying to create a dial up connection on my Vista Business system. No matter what I do after I join the system to the domain I cannot create a dial up connection. This is a dell system and has not been changed in any way. All the preinstalled junk is still on it. Anyone that may know how to solve this please post. Thanks
>
> Dave

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

rhughes

Re: Help! Vista Cannot create dialup/VPN connections "The wizard cannot create the connection"

I also have this problem. Min is on a HP nx7400 with Vista Business.
Cannot set up VPN and I also have the same problem with modem...i.e. it
says it can't detect one. It is driving me nuts!

--
rhughes
rhughes

Re: Help! Vista Cannot create dialup/VPN connections "The wizard cannot create the connection"

I have fixed my VPN problem. Reset to factory default and then added as
soon as the pc was ready.

Hooray!! Apart from wasting 2 hours of my time.

--
rhughes
khiemnhu

Re: Help! Vista Cannot create dialup/VPN connections "The wizard cannot create the connection"

I encountered the same problem, Could you say more clearly how you
solved it? Thanks a lot

--
khiemnhu
khiemnhu's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31325

http://forums.techarena.in

rhughes

Re: Help! Vista Cannot create dialup/VPN connections "The wizard cannot create the connection"

The problem was caused by a group policy on our work domain, (have not
yet isolated whick one). To get around this I created a new OU, and
blocked policy inheritance.

Once you have created the OU and moved the pc/laptop to it, open a
command prompt, then type gpupdate /force and then reboot.

--
rhughes
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Help! Vista Cannot create dialup/VPN connections "The wizard cannot create the connection"
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"rhughes" <rhughes.2x5hfd@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message news:rhughes.2x5hfd@no-mx.forums.net...

The problem was caused by a group policy on our work domain, (have not
yet isolated whick one). To get around this I created a new OU, and
blocked policy inheritance.

Once you have created the OU and moved the pc/laptop to it, open a
command prompt, then type gpupdate /force and then reboot.

--
rhughes
Bart Belmans

Re: Help! Vista Cannot create dialup/VPN connections "The wizard c
Hi all,

I have the same problems in Vista - but the Vista computers are not located
in a domain but in a workgroup. So the group policy solution cannot be the
solution.

The problem is as described above : I can try to create a VPN connection
but, even when I choose to create but not connect, Vista seems to try to
connect, fails and does not save the VPN connection.

Any support would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Bart
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Help! Vista Cannot create dialup/VPN connections "The wizard c
I would check the miniport (PPTP) status first. This link may help.

VPN with red X and missing WAN miniport issueAlso the Device Manager don't
list WAN Miniport (PPTP), (L2TP) as normal (Figure ... I believe that we
need to create or install WAN Miniport on this w2k. ...
www.chicagotech.net/Cases/vpn_with_red_x.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net