Cannot connect to my server with the correct user name and passwor

Josh

Cannot connect to my server with the correct user name and passwor
I am having a problem connecting to the server . I have the correct user name
and password. I can connect to it from other computers that are running XP. I
cannot connect with my laptop that runs Vista. It worked when i originally
got the Laptop one day it stopped working. Are there settings that cause this?

The message is login unsuccessful: Windows is unable to log you on. Be sure
your user name and password are correct.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Cannot connect to my server with the correct user name and passwor
Hi
You have to provide some technical data.
What Server is?
What type of connection?
Did you check the Network setting of the computer?
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem connecting to the server . I have the correct user
>name
> and password. I can connect to it from other computers that are running
> XP. I
> cannot connect with my laptop that runs Vista. It worked when i originally
> got the Laptop one day it stopped working. Are there settings that cause
> this?
>
> The message is login unsuccessful: Windows is unable to log you on. Be
> sure
> your user name and password are correct.

Josh

Re: Cannot connect to my server with the correct user name and pas
The server is a mac storage device. Where we hold all our data.

Local area connection and wireless.

I have the network IP for the Server.

I can connect to the internet.

I can see other computers. When i try to connect it acts as if the user name
and password are wrong.

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> You have to provide some technical data.
> What Server is?
> What type of connection?
> Did you check the Network setting of the computer?
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having a problem connecting to the server . I have the correct user
> >name
> > and password. I can connect to it from other computers that are running
> > XP. I
> > cannot connect with my laptop that runs Vista. It worked when i originally
> > got the Laptop one day it stopped working. Are there settings that cause
> > this?
> >
> > The message is login unsuccessful: Windows is unable to log you on. Be
> > sure
> > your user name and password are correct.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Cannot connect to my server with the correct user name and pas
Hi
I do not know what MAC server is. May be you are referring to NAS.
Almost all stand alone NAS are using their own security scheme, read to
manual to make sure that you are using the log on correctly.

> The server is a mac storage device. Where we hold all our data.
>
> Local area connection and wireless.
>
> I have the network IP for the Server.
>
> I can connect to the internet.
>
> I can see other computers. When i try to connect it acts as if the user
> name
> and password are wrong.
>

> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> You have to provide some technical data.
>> What Server is?
>> What type of connection?
>> Did you check the Network setting of the computer?
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having a problem connecting to the server . I have the correct user
>> >name
>> > and password. I can connect to it from other computers that are running
>> > XP. I
>> > cannot connect with my laptop that runs Vista. It worked when i
>> > originally
>> > got the Laptop one day it stopped working. Are there settings that
>> > cause
>> > this?
>> >
>> > The message is login unsuccessful: Windows is unable to log you on. Be
>> > sure
>> > your user name and password are correct.

chudner

Re: Cannot connect to my server with the correct user name and pas
I have the exact same problem. Josh is referring to a MAC (as in
MACINTOSH) network - I'm sure you've heard of it.