Network

=?Utf-8?B?VHJldm9y?=

Network
I have ben trying to set up network connections to 2 new latops using vista
business to a network using XP, I can ot see any of the other pc on the
network, any ideas?
Jason H

Re: Network
Are all the computers in the same workgroup?

"Trevor" <Trevor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news7549D80-AD82-476A-A8A6-F01FB5E76653@microsoft.com...
>I have ben trying to set up network connections to 2 new latops using vista
> business to a network using XP, I can ot see any of the other pc on the
> network, any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?VHJldm9y?=

Re: Network
All The computers are set to the same workgroup, but Vista cant see the
others and like wise xp cant see the vista pc's

"Jason H" wrote:

> Are all the computers in the same workgroup?
>
> "Trevor" <Trevor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news7549D80-AD82-476A-A8A6-F01FB5E76653@microsoft.com...
> >I have ben trying to set up network connections to 2 new latops using vista
> > business to a network using XP, I can ot see any of the other pc on the
> > network, any ideas?

Psycho Master

Re: Network
Did you manually set up the IP and Subnet addresses, or do you have a DHCP
providing them for you.

> All The computers are set to the same workgroup, but Vista cant see the
> others and like wise xp cant see the vista pc's
>
> "Jason H" wrote:
>
>> Are all the computers in the same workgroup?
>>
>> "Trevor" <Trevor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news7549D80-AD82-476A-A8A6-F01FB5E76653@microsoft.com...
>> >I have ben trying to set up network connections to 2 new latops using
>> >vista
>> > business to a network using XP, I can ot see any of the other pc on the
>> > network, any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?VHJldm9y?=

Re: Network
The IP and subnet are asigned by HDCP

"Psycho Master" wrote:

> Did you manually set up the IP and Subnet addresses, or do you have a DHCP
> providing them for you.
>
> "Trevor" <Trevor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > All The computers are set to the same workgroup, but Vista cant see the
> > others and like wise xp cant see the vista pc's
> >
> > "Jason H" wrote:
> >
> >> Are all the computers in the same workgroup?
> >>
> >> "Trevor" <Trevor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news7549D80-AD82-476A-A8A6-F01FB5E76653@microsoft.com...

Psycho Master

Re: Network
Do you have network discovery turned on, or can you connect to a computer by
typing in the UNC in explorer?

> The IP and subnet are asigned by HDCP
>
> "Psycho Master" wrote:
>
>> Did you manually set up the IP and Subnet addresses, or do you have a
>> DHCP
>> providing them for you.
>>
>> "Trevor" <Trevor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > All The computers are set to the same workgroup, but Vista cant see the
>> > others and like wise xp cant see the vista pc's

=?Utf-8?B?VHJldm9y?=

Re: Network
The network discovery is turned on.

"Psycho Master" wrote:

> Do you have network discovery turned on, or can you connect to a computer by
> typing in the UNC in explorer?
>
> "Trevor" <Trevor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The IP and subnet are asigned by HDCP
> >
> > "Psycho Master" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you manually set up the IP and Subnet addresses, or do you have a
> >> DHCP
> >> providing them for you.

The Forgotten

Re: Network
Bin it and download `network magic`

I managed to set up the office 3 pc network (2XP and 1 Vista) in under
15mins as well and a 3 pc network at home in less than 30 mins all running
xp.

Even if you buy the software about 20 quid I think it will be money well
spent...