Use vista home premium as router

reader@newsguy.com

Use vista home premium as router
How can I use Vista home premium to route local lan traffic?

That is, how can I arrange things so that local lan traffic aimed at
an external address on my Vista Home Premium OS gets routed to another
subnet.

The built in adaptors are:
Wireless: Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Ethernet: Realtek RTL810 Family PCI-E-Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

I'd like to get two external IPs up on the wireless adaptor if
possible.

Must I have two Adaptors to maintain two external addresses or can I
get two external addresses on the built in adaptors, possibly with
third party software?
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Use vista home premium as router
This post may help.

Setup Vista as router
How to setup XP Pro as a router. Q: If I had a Windows
XP Pro workstation with 2 networks cards in it, each one on a separate
physical network, . ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=1377

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
<reader@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:87ve29rhsl.fsf@newsguy.com...
> How can I use Vista home premium to route local lan traffic?
>
> That is, how can I arrange things so that local lan traffic aimed at
> an external address on my Vista Home Premium OS gets routed to another
> subnet.
>
> The built in adaptors are:
> Wireless: Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
> Ethernet: Realtek RTL810 Family PCI-E-Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
>
> I'd like to get two external IPs up on the wireless adaptor if
> possible.
>
> Must I have two Adaptors to maintain two external addresses or can I
> get two external addresses on the built in adaptors, possibly with
> third party software?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Use vista home premium as router
Hi
No Network card, wire or wireless, can have two addresses Internal, or
External.
External Address is an Internet address that is given to you by the ISP.
There is No use of two External addresses on one computer even if you do
have two Network cards.
Two External addresses from the same ISP can be on two separate computers
connecting each one independently to the Internet (A risky practice to begin
with).
If you have two independent External; IP from two different ISPs than the
solution is to get a Dual WAN Router.
Otherwise, explain in a functional terms what is your actual Goal.
Jack (MVP-Networking).