I have Vista Home Basic on an EMachines desktop PC

dmarten90@gmail.com

I have Vista Home Basic on an EMachines desktop PC
And I recently installed a Linksys Wireless PCI card to link to the
local WiFi hotspot in my hometown. It worked for about a week with no
problems, then all of a sudden I was able to connect to the wireless
signal just fine-but I'm not able to access the Internet at all.
Instead of being able to access the internet, I get either a limited
connectivity or local only message. I've tried just about everything
to get my access back, and NOTHING has worked. Any suggestions would
be VERY appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: I have Vista Home Basic on an EMachines desktop PC
Try to disable IPv6 first. or this search result may help too.

Vista Local Only and Limited or Not ConnectivityVista Limited connectivity ·
Vista: Local only - no Internet issues · Vista - Local Connection Only ·
Vista Wireless Limited or No Connectivity ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistalocalonly.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
<dmarten90@gmail.com> wrote in message
> And I recently installed a Linksys Wireless PCI card to link to the
> local WiFi hotspot in my hometown. It worked for about a week with no
> problems, then all of a sudden I was able to connect to the wireless
> signal just fine-but I'm not able to access the Internet at all.
> Instead of being able to access the internet, I get either a limited
> connectivity or local only message. I've tried just about everything
> to get my access back, and NOTHING has worked. Any suggestions would
> be VERY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: I have Vista Home Basic on an EMachines desktop PC
Hi
Might be that the Hot Spot was lock and made secure and you need the
credentials to log in.
Jack (MVP-Networking).