Networking Vista and XP with Linksys wireless 4-port router

PSK

Networking Vista and XP with Linksys wireless 4-port router
I have two computers (1 a laptop wireless). The desktop is running VISTA
Ultimate, The Laptop is XP (Home).

When I biing up the network map in Vista I can see and access the XP.
When I do the same in XP I can see but not access Vista.
I can Ping from Vista to XP but not from XP to Vista. XP can ping router and
out to the internet.

I have enabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP on both connections and all firewalls
and Virus stoppers are off on both computers. All the sharing is on for both.
Still can NOT ping from XP to Vista. Checked everything I know.

Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Paul
Red

Re: Networking Vista and XP with Linksys wireless 4-port router
I have same problem before. But I cannot remember the detail for this
problem. Please try below:-

- Vista PC and XP PC setup to same workgroup
- Enable Private sharing on Vista

"PSK" <PSK@discussions.microsoft.com> 在郵件
news:39A9BD54-C072-4D7C-9AF8-02F538DC9E1D@microsoft.com *撰寫...
>I have two computers (1 a laptop wireless). The desktop is running VISTA
> Ultimate, The Laptop is XP (Home).
>
> When I biing up the network map in Vista I can see and access the XP.
> When I do the same in XP I can see but not access Vista.
> I can Ping from Vista to XP but not from XP to Vista. XP can ping router
> and
> out to the internet.
>
> I have enabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP on both connections and all firewalls
> and Virus stoppers are off on both computers. All the sharing is on for
> both.
> Still can NOT ping from XP to Vista. Checked everything I know.
>
> Any suggestions.
> Thanks,
> Paul

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Networking Vista and XP with Linksys wireless 4-port router
Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"PSK" <PSK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two computers (1 a laptop wireless). The desktop is running VISTA
> Ultimate, The Laptop is XP (Home).
>
> When I biing up the network map in Vista I can see and access the XP.
> When I do the same in XP I can see but not access Vista.
> I can Ping from Vista to XP but not from XP to Vista. XP can ping router
> and
> out to the internet.
>
> I have enabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP on both connections and all firewalls
> and Virus stoppers are off on both computers. All the sharing is on for
> both.
> Still can NOT ping from XP to Vista. Checked everything I know.
>
> Any suggestions.
> Thanks,
> Paul

Mick Murphy

RE: Networking Vista and XP with Linksys wireless 4-port router

sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall .(LAN allowed)

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

Password Protected: OFF (unless you want to set up identical usernames, and
passwords (they can be different) on ALL computers in your Network). If you
have it ON, you will be asked for a username and password when you try to
access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista Computer.

Also, If you haven’t done so already, run XP’s Network Setup Wizard (in
Start >All Programs >Accessories >Communications), and tell the Wizard to
enable File and Printer Sharing.
Or > Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Set up a Home or Small
Office Network.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia