Wireless interent used to work and now it doesnt

Mike B 24

Wireless interent used to work and now it doesnt
My wireless internet used to work and one day i turned my computer on and it
no longer worked. I have a HP pavillion dv6000 laptop, the switch for
wireless networking is on and when i click diagnose the problem it says
"This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and
configured. Install wireless networking hardware and verify that the correct
drivers are loaded." Could somebody please help me fix this
bjr

Re: Wireless interent used to work and now it doesnt
If your system is under warranty, I would call HP for help. After 3
hours on the phone with them helping a friend with a similar problem on
his HP laptop, they threw in the towel and had it shipped back to them.
New motherboard solved the problem.
Borrow a wireless card or USB device from a friend and see if that works.

Mike B 24 wrote:
> My wireless internet used to work and one day i turned my computer on and it
> no longer worked. I have a HP pavillion dv6000 laptop, the switch for
> wireless networking is on and when i click diagnose the problem it says
> "This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and
> configured. Install wireless networking hardware and verify that the correct
> drivers are loaded." Could somebody please help me fix this

Mykegae

RE: Wireless interent used to work and now it doesnt
I have this exact same problem, to a T. I have the exact same computer, same
situation and the same error message. This is incredibly frustrating and I'd
love to find a solution. Unfortunately, I only had a 1 year warranty, which
is about 5 months expired. So, I cannot send it in to HP to get a new
motherboard or anything like that. I also don't have much in the way of funds
at the moment so I can't pay to have it repaired. Does ANYONE have ANY ideas
on how to help me?

"Mike B 24" wrote:

> My wireless internet used to work and one day i turned my computer on and it
> no longer worked. I have a HP pavillion dv6000 laptop, the switch for
> wireless networking is on and when i click diagnose the problem it says
> "This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and
> configured. Install wireless networking hardware and verify that the correct
> drivers are loaded." Could somebody please help me fix this

bjr

Re: Wireless interent used to work and now it doesnt
Borrow or buy another wireless device( USB wireless adapter or PCMCIA
card (if you have the slot)) and see if that works . I helped a senior
recently with an HP laptop that had the same problem - seems to be a
common problem and the solution turned out to be a new motherboard.
You can get a new card or USB for around $40.

Mykegae wrote:
> I have this exact same problem, to a T. I have the exact same computer, same
> situation and the same error message. This is incredibly frustrating and I'd
> love to find a solution. Unfortunately, I only had a 1 year warranty, which
> is about 5 months expired. So, I cannot send it in to HP to get a new
> motherboard or anything like that. I also don't have much in the way of funds
> at the moment so I can't pay to have it repaired. Does ANYONE have ANY ideas
> on how to help me?
>
> "Mike B 24" wrote:
>
>> My wireless internet used to work and one day i turned my computer on and it
>> no longer worked. I have a HP pavillion dv6000 laptop, the switch for
>> wireless networking is on and when i click diagnose the problem it says
>> "This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and
>> configured. Install wireless networking hardware and verify that the correct
>> drivers are loaded." Could somebody please help me fix this

Mykeage

RE: Wireless interent used to work and now it doesnt
Quote:
Anonymous (7/5/2008)[hr]Post in reply to: Mykegae

Borrow or buy another wireless device( USB wireless adapter or PCMCIA
card (if you have the slot)) and see if that works . I helped a senior
recently with an HP laptop that had the same problem - seems to be a
common problem and the solution turned out to be a new motherboard.
You can get a new card or USB for around $40.

Well first of all, thanks for the reply. Anyway, I should note two things:
1) This has happened before, about a year ago. At the time I still had my one year warranty so my laptop was shipped back to the company. They didn't give me a new motherboard though, instead they gave me a new laptop of the same kind.
2) When I woke up this morning and turned on my computer, the internet worked. Unfortunately it stopped working again about an hour later and hasn't worked since. I still get the same error messages and everything, the only change was that it worked for about an hour.

Since it worked for an hour this morning, could that mean that it's not a motherboard issue? I hope that's it and that I can access the internet again after buying a USB Wireless Adapter. But if I buy it and I still can't access the internet, then what? It's still a motherboard issue even though it worked today for a short time?

bjr

Re: Wireless interent used to work and now it doesnt
When I helped the senior discover his problem, I used my USB wireless
device to show him (and HP support)that the built in wireless was bad.
If the external device works, you're done. If it fails also. I would
look at the wireless router as the source of the problem. They do fail.
My neighbor had this a router die and I used the USB wireless (and an
extra router I had at the time) to show him his wireless part of the
router died. New router fixed him up.
If you have Vista on the laptop, there is a free Microsoft internet
connectivity tool you can download and run to see if your router is
Vista compliant - some older ones are not. GO here for it:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/usi...d/default.mspx

Mykeage wrote:

Quote:
Anonymous (7/5/2008)[hr]Post in reply to: Mykegae

> Borrow or buy another wireless device( USB wireless adapter or PCMCIA
> card (if you have the slot)) and see if that works . I helped a senior
> recently with an HP laptop that had the same problem - seems to be a
> common problem and the solution turned out to be a new motherboard.
> You can get a new card or USB for around $40.
>

> Well first of all, thanks for the reply. Anyway, I should note two things:
> 1) This has happened before, about a year ago. At the time I still had my one year warranty so my laptop was shipped back to the company. They didn't give me a new motherboard though, instead they gave me a new laptop of the same kind.
> 2) When I woke up this morning and turned on my computer, the internet worked. Unfortunately it stopped working again about an hour later and hasn't worked since. I still get the same error messages and everything, the only change was that it worked for about an hour.
>
> Since it worked for an hour this morning, could that mean that it's not a motherboard issue? I hope that's it and that I can access the internet again after buying a USB Wireless Adapter. But if I buy it and I still can't access the internet, then what? It's still a motherboard issue even though it worked today for a short time?
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

ashley16

Re: Wireless interent used to work and now it doesnt

Hi, im having the same problem..with the same laptop. Hp Pavillion
dv6000...
i got this laptop one year ago and it never worked properly.. the
wireless never worked... so i took it to Hp to get it fixed... i took it
in since october and got it back on december.... it took them 3 months
to supposely "FIX" my laptop... they put in everything new.. well thats
what they said... so i got home and the wireless still didnt work. and
its frustrating because it took those guys 3 months to get it "FIXED"
but they didnt actually do anything to it because my laptop still wont
pick up any wireless signals...should i take it back AGAIN? or what
should i do?
help pleaase :cry:

--
ashley16
Mick Murphy

Re: Wireless interent used to work and now it doesnt
1. Turn the Manual Wireless Switch to ON.
--
Mad Mike