Cant connect to my wireless router

=?Utf-8?B?Tml0YQ==?=

Cant connect to my wireless router
i just got BB, and im trying to connect to my router wirelessly. but, when i
follow windows help and support, i still cant do it. the problem i think is
where i go to connect to.... and it doesnt give me the option of the wireless
network/router. ive got windows vista home, advent 7113 laptop with intel
celeron and a Wireless ADSL Netgear Router DG834G v3.

i am completely stuck and ive check all my settings, looks the same as what
windows requires. i just cant see what the problem is. PLEASE help me,
im not an expert at PC's. its kinda driving me crazy now.
--
Thanks

Nita
Mark A Stover

Re: Cant connect to my wireless router
I have been unable to access my Linksys router with my new Vista PC using
the Internet Explorer. Even after checking for all the updates and
rechecking the router using another XP computer and the router work fine
with it. I even tried another newer Linksys router with the same result.

I installed and tried using FireFox on the Vista machine and it WILL ACCESS
the router with no problem. I tried again to access the router with the
Internet Explorer and it will not work, but the FireFox browser works
great.

Maybe someone can explain why the FireFox works but the Internet Explorer
does not?

Mark

"Nita" <Nita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i just got BB, and im trying to connect to my router wirelessly. but, when
> follow windows help and support, i still cant do it. the problem i think
> is
> where i go to connect to.... and it doesnt give me the option of the
> wireless
> network/router. ive got windows vista home, advent 7113 laptop with intel
> celeron and a Wireless ADSL Netgear Router DG834G v3.
>
> i am completely stuck and ive check all my settings, looks the same as
> what
> windows requires. i just cant see what the problem is. PLEASE help me,
> im not an expert at PC's. its kinda driving me crazy now.
> --
> Thanks
>
> Nita

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaw==?=

RE: Cant connect to my wireless router
Netgear has a LOT of probs with Vista. I use the same router as you for my
desktop connection via Cat5 running XP Pro. My other desktop is running vista
and their wireless NIC adaptor WG311v3. It won't work and Netgear has told me
that they won't have a solution until the end of APRIL at the earliest.
Mick

"Nita" wrote:

> i just got BB, and im trying to connect to my router wirelessly. but, when i
> follow windows help and support, i still cant do it. the problem i think is
> where i go to connect to.... and it doesnt give me the option of the wireless
> network/router. ive got windows vista home, advent 7113 laptop with intel
> celeron and a Wireless ADSL Netgear Router DG834G v3.
>
> i am completely stuck and ive check all my settings, looks the same as what
> windows requires. i just cant see what the problem is. PLEASE help me,
> im not an expert at PC's. its kinda driving me crazy now.
> --
> Thanks
>
> Nita

Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\)

Re: Cant connect to my wireless router
Can you clarify "unable to access"? Can you access the Internet through the
router but can't get to the router's config page, or are you having trouble
connecting to anything through the router when using IE? What's the error?
If you click the Diagnose link in IE, what does it say?

m.fairbairn@blueyonder.co.uk

On 14 Mar, 19:16, Nita <N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> i just got BB, and im trying to connect to my router wirelessly. but, when i
> follow windows help and support, i still cant do it. the problem i think is
> where i go to connect to.... and it doesnt give me the option of thewireless
> network/router. ive got windows vista home,advent7113 laptop with intel
> celeron and aWirelessADSL Netgear Router DG834G v3.
>
> i am completely stuck and ive check all my settings, looks the same as what
> windows requires. i just cant see what the problem is. PLEASE help me,
> im not an expert at PC's. its kinda driving me crazy now.
> --
> Thanks
>
> Nita

I've just solved this for a relation. The 'problem' is your laptop.
There are three (I think) buttons at the top of the keyboard. Press
the left-most botton and this activates the wireless functionality.
However, you might still have to search for and connect to your
wireless network (i.e. it might not detect the wireless network
automatically after you press the button).

Papa

<m.fairbairn@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1174769597.062677.248400@l75g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
> On 14 Mar, 19:16, Nita <N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> i just got BB, and im trying to connect to my router wirelessly. but,
>> when i
>> follow windows help and support, i still cant do it. the problem i think
>> is
>> where i go to connect to.... and it doesnt give me the option of
>> thewireless
>> network/router. ive got windows vista home,advent7113 laptop with intel
>> celeron and aWirelessADSL Netgear Router DG834G v3.
>>
>> i am completely stuck and ive check all my settings, looks the same as
>> what
>> windows requires. i just cant see what the problem is. PLEASE help me,
>> im not an expert at PC's. its kinda driving me crazy now.
>> --
>> Thanks
>>
>> Nita

> I've just solved this for a relation. The 'problem' is your laptop.
> There are three (I think) buttons at the top of the keyboard. Press
> the left-most botton and this activates the wireless functionality.
> However, you might still have to search for and connect to your
> wireless network (i.e. it might not detect the wireless network
> automatically after you press the button).

That depends on the make and model of the laptop. Some have more than 3
buttons at the top of the keyboard, some have fewer. Which make and model
are you talking about?