Loss of network after sleep mode.

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQxMDY2?=

Loss of network after sleep mode.
Is this a gliche with Windows Vista? Whenever I put my computer into sleep
mode and the wake it up again I am unable to connect to the network. Error
message, unable to detect network and then suggests an error with the driver
or hardware and to re-install the driver. A simple restart remedies this but
it is just a bit of a pain.... Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Bill W

Re: Loss of network after sleep mode.
I am, too. Would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks for posting.

"David1066" <David1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsA2423E3-0930-4DCD-A9A2-D6F1E26FADC7@microsoft.com...
> Is this a gliche with Windows Vista? Whenever I put my computer into sleep
> mode and the wake it up again I am unable to connect to the network. Error
> message, unable to detect network and then suggests an error with the
> driver
> or hardware and to re-install the driver. A simple restart remedies this
> but
> it is just a bit of a pain.... Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

Re: Loss of network after sleep mode.
Please check updates for your wireless driver - it may help.

Regards,
--PA

"Bill W" wrote:
> I am, too. Would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks for posting.
>

> "David1066" <David1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsA2423E3-0930-4DCD-A9A2-D6F1E26FADC7@microsoft.com...
> > Is this a gliche with Windows Vista? Whenever I put my computer into sleep
> > mode and the wake it up again I am unable to connect to the network. Error
> > message, unable to detect network and then suggests an error with the
> > driver
> > or hardware and to re-install the driver. A simple restart remedies this
> > but
> > it is just a bit of a pain.... Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

=?Utf-8?B?S2ltIFtNU10=?=

RE: Loss of network after sleep mode.
David1066,

I'm sorry you're experiencing trouble. There are some cases where power
saving mode can be set on the NIC, but the AP doesn't support it. See this
blog entry:
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...ty-issues.aspx

"David1066" wrote:

> Is this a gliche with Windows Vista? Whenever I put my computer into sleep
> mode and the wake it up again I am unable to connect to the network. Error
> message, unable to detect network and then suggests an error with the driver
> or hardware and to re-install the driver. A simple restart remedies this but
> it is just a bit of a pain.... Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

tms020348

Re: Loss of network after sleep mode.

Take a look at
http://itincendiary.com/it/index.php...=8 &Itemid=56

According to this solution, using ipconfig /renew will refresh the
wireless connection with the router.

--
tms020348
tms020348's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35491

http://forums.techarena.in

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Loss of network after sleep mode.
This link may help too.

Resolutions of losing network after sleep mode
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...hp?p=3684#3684

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

pixelPete

Re: Loss of network after sleep mode.

I had the same issue today - none of the above helped directly. What
was happening in my case was that the LAN driver was being dropped upon
resume. This fix worked for me:
* Open CONTROL PANEL
* Open Device Manager
* See if the LAN Network Adapter appears as a device
* If not, Right Click on your computer name
* Choose "Scan for Hardware Changes"

In my case the LAN device re-appeared but when I performed an IPCONFIG
/ALL in a Command Box however, it had not picked up a correct IP
address. But doing a IPCONFIG /RENEW fixed it!

Thanks for all who gave the above useful tips to solve this rather
silly problem with Vista.

--
pixelPete
pixelPete's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/120228.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Snake08

Re: Loss of network after sleep mode.

Please check updates for your wireless driver it may help.But When power
save mode is enabled for an 802.11 wireless network adapter,The access
point receiving frames with the power save option set determines that
the client adapter wishes to enter power save mode, and begins buffering
packets for the client adapter while it is asleep. The client adapter’s
radio periodically wakes up and communicates with the access point to
retrieve the buffered packets.However, this power savings scheme for
802.11 wireless adapters depends on cooperation of the access
point.Issue is that many access points do not implement or support the
power save feature correctly. Some broken access points keep sending
the packets to the client—even when the client adapter’s radio is
asleep. The packets sent to the client radio while it is asleep are
lost, which leads to the connectivity, performance and throughput issues
that some Windows Vista beta users were encountering.

--
Snake08
Snake08's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/47091.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ork/704757.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

unkym1

Re: Loss of network after sleep mode.

Here's my situation.
I want my monitors to sleep, but my computer to stay on.
I have several things I do over night, and I don't want to have to
shutdown and restart every time I want to access something.

I have a Dell Studio XPS 435mt with the Intel 82567Lf-2 Gigabit running
Vista 64-bit Home Premium.

Issue: if I tried to use my computer after some amount of time, must be
more then a couple of hours, the NIC would still have all of its IP
info, be able to see my Linksys router and other computer - but will NOT
see past the cablemodem to the internet. Release and Renew have no
effect.

Hard Solution: power cycle cablemodem or power cycle computer.

Soft Solution (best that works for me): I downloaded/installed the NIC
driver and management software from Intel and then disabled all Power
Saver Options and Wake on LAN options.

Now whenever I bring my monitors out of sleep, (the computer is still
on), I can access everything, network and internet.

I have not checked to see what happens with my computer if full sleep
mode since I have no intention of running it this way, but at least now
when I need to access something in the middle of the night, I know that
it will be available without having to jerk around with anything.

--
unkym1