Lose network connection coming out of sleep

=?Utf-8?B?dGplYm1l?=

Lose network connection coming out of sleep
I noticed that I lose access to the internet when my laptop comes out of
sleep mode (using Vista Home Premium). As long as I stay out of sleep mode I
don't have any issues. Is there an easy fix? If it makes any difference, my
network adapters do not have the box checked that says "Allow the computer to
turn off this device to save power."
=?Utf-8?B?bGFycnlAYXZzdGltLmNvbQ==?=

RE: Lose network connection coming out of sleep
Yes, after nearly two hours with HP on a brand new, clean system what we
discovered worked perfectly is to reinstall the network card driver. Here is
what they sent to me via email as well.

I understand that the HP Pavilion d4790y PC fails to connect to internet
after coming out sleep mode.

This issue might be due to various reasons. In this case please follow the
steps below to resolve this issue:

Msconfig helps Windows control software that automatically loads while
Windows is starting. For troubleshooting purposes, use the following steps
to prevent all software programs from automatically opening when Windows
starts.

CAUTION: Use the following steps to prevent all startup items
from opening, including antivirus software and other
software that provides important functions. Follow
these steps for troubleshooting purposes only.

1. Click Start.
2. In the Start Search field, type the following:

msconfig

3. Press Enter. The System Configuration window opens.

4. In the General tab view, select Selective Startup, and remove the
checkmark next to Load startup items.
5. Click the Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services, and
click the Disable all button.
6. Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
After the computer restarts, a message appears confirming some
startup programs have been blocked from opening.

For a description of the tab views and their contents in the System
Configuration window along with graphics, visit the following HP Web
Site:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00819747

Reinstalling Network Card driver
---------------------------------------

1. Start the Computer.
2. Press the F8 key when the blue HP logo appears. The Windows Advanced
Options menu will appear.
3. Use the arrow keys to select "Safe mode" and then press Enter.
4. Log on to Windows as Administrator.
5. When you are able to view the desktop, click on Start 6. Type Device
Manager in the Start Search box 7. Click on Device Manager 8. Click the
plus (+) sign next to Network Adapetr to list the Network drivers.
9. Select one driver and select uninstall. In the "Confirm Device
Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.
10. Repeat this process until there is no listing for Network card 11.
Close all windows and restart the computer.

Please do feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance. We
will be available here round the clock and will be glad to assist you further.

http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare

"tjebme" wrote:

> I noticed that I lose access to the internet when my laptop comes out of
> sleep mode (using Vista Home Premium). As long as I stay out of sleep mode I
> don't have any issues. Is there an easy fix? If it makes any difference, my
> network adapters do not have the box checked that says "Allow the computer to
> turn off this device to save power."

=?Utf-8?B?dGplYm1l?=

RE: Lose network connection coming out of sleep
Does the driver automatically reinstall? I'm probably just missing something,
but the instructions seem to stop with the uninstall step. Thanks.