Home networking problem. Please help.

BillW

Home networking problem. Please help.
I know there are numerous posts related to home networking. Here's my
problem that I think is simple.

2 XP computers on home network
1 Vista computer

2 XP computers can see each other and the internet - cannot see Vista
computer
Vista computer can get to the internet but can't see XP computers

All have same the workgroup name
Vista computer has discovery and sharing options set to "on"

How can I get the Vista computer to see and be seen by the other computers
on the network?

Thank you.

Eric Cross [MVP]

Re: Home networking problem. Please help.
Hello Bill,

Do you have a personal firewall either Windows Live OneCare, ZoneAlarm, or
Sygate on either of the computers? If so, you need to properly configure
your firewall for the local area network. An improperly configured firewall
can block file and printer sharing.

Also see:

Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"BillW" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
>I know there are numerous posts related to home networking. Here's my
>problem that I think is simple.
>
> 2 XP computers on home network
> 1 Vista computer
>
> 2 XP computers can see each other and the internet - cannot see Vista
> computer
> Vista computer can get to the internet but can't see XP computers
>
> All have same the workgroup name
> Vista computer has discovery and sharing options set to "on"
>
> How can I get the Vista computer to see and be seen by the other computers
> on the network?
>
> Thank you.

BillW

Re: Home networking problem. Please help.
Thank you for your help. That's exactly what was causing my problem. I'm
now up and running. Thanks again.

news7Wdnb6cEdcxUWjYnZ2dnUVZ_vamnZ2d@comcast.com. ..