wireless network range disappears after huge amount of data traffi

=?Utf-8?B?SmVyb2Vu?=

wireless network range disappears after huge amount of data traffi
Hello,

Since about one month I've got Vista on my new system:
Core 2 Duo E6600
Asus P5B deluxe
2 x 1024 MB DDR2 Kingston
MSI x1950 Pro 256 MB
Linksys wmp54g pci wifi

I've had this problem since I installed Vista on my system. The problem is
that when I have a lot of data traffic, the range of the wireless network
totally disappears. The only remedy is a system reboot, network repair
doesn't help.
Also when Vista wakes up out of the sleep-modus or when Vista starts up,
Vista sometimes doesn't recognize the PCI-adapter as a Linksys. Sometimes
Vista doesn't recognize the Linksys at all, or the adapter is recognized as a
Ralink.

Because I couln't find a solution for this, I've pulled the adapter out of
my system and I attached a SpeedTouch 120 USB Wifi device. But also with this
device the network range totally disappears after a lot amount of data
traffic. Just as with the Linksys, the only remedy is to reboot the system.

Does anyone recognize these problems? I hope someone can help me.

Regards,

Jeroen

=?Utf-8?B?S2ltIFtNU10=?=

RE: wireless network range disappears after huge amount of data traffi
Jeroen,

I'm sorry you're experiencing trouble. There could be a number of causes as
to why you are losing your wireless connection. First, make sure your
wireless adapter, and router are Vista compatible. Second, you may have an
outdated driver for your network adapter. Third, you might have a mismatch
between the security settings in your wireless client and your AP. Fourth,
you could be experiencing radio frequency interference from nearby devices;
or the client is at the periphery of the RF range of the wireless AP.

Check these, and please post back.