Re: Printer sharing
I'm sorry you're experiencing trouble. Please check the following, and post
- Ensure every machine is in the same workgroup and same subnet
- Ensure only one firewall is enabled per machine
- Set Network Category to Home/Work (Private)
- Ensure every user account has a non-empty password
- Create the same user account (with same password) on all machines
- Ensure password protected sharing is ON
- Use 'Sharing Wizard' to create/manage shares.
> Hi - thanks for the reply. I had found my way in there earlier and everything
> was switched on. My firewall is currently switched off. Any other ideas?
> "Puppy Breath" wrote:
> > Have you done anything yet to set up the network? If not, try going into the
> > Network and Sharing Center (click Start type net and click Network and
> > Sharing Center). Turn on Network Discovery (and whatever else is relevant).
> > Note that Printer Sharing only applies of the printer is connected to the
> > Vista computer. You should be able to find remote printers even with that
> > set to "Off (no printers installed)".
> > To learn about Vista networking see:
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...etworking.mspx
> > "Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:4B2B9ACA-EF41-4263-88A1-0C1E8FF5F561@microsoft.com...
> > >I have just bought a new laptop with Vista - I have a PC with a printer
> > > connected directy and a wireless lan. I can access the internet through
> > > the
> > > router, but cannot access the printer. My previous lapop was able to do
> > > this
> > > - I have tried adding the printer, but don't appear to be able to see the
> > > pc
> > > let alone the printer! Can anyone help?