strange rights behavior between Vista and 2K3

shoros@hotmail.fr

strange rights behavior between Vista and 2K3
Hello,

I just added a Vista Business workstation on a network.

This one is correctly added to my domain. no problem.

BUT:

- I create mapped drives with a batch using net use. drives creation
is ok, read access is ok... but not write access!!
those shares comes from a Windows 2003 server R2 (domain
controller)...

Obviously, rights are set to full control both in authorization and
security panels, and set to full control for everybody (first it was
for user groups but thought it doesn't work, it set it for everybody
for test purpose)

--> my drives are ok on Windows XP, Windows 2000 workstations... and
I'm using the same batch script... they CAN modify files in mapped
drives...

it looks like as if Vista decided his own to block write permissions!!

- even logged as domain administrator on this vista workstation , I
cannot succeed in modifying files in my mapped drives...

all the finest of all: logged as a domain administrator, I tried to
explore my server using \\server\c$ what a domain administrator has
right to do so....
Well, I gained access, no problem... I couldn't modify any file!!!!

few days I'm on this... I can't find any solution or explanation
either...

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: strange rights behavior between Vista and 2K3
Use Vista icacls to check the permission. This how to may help,

How to: check permissions using Vista icacls command
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewforum.php?f=4

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
<shoros@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:1173606699.155822.218920@n33g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
[...]

thanks for your answer!

however...

I had already tried icacls to check those permissions and they also
are correct.

even tried to takeown files... takeown succeeded , ran icacls then,
to grant permisssions again and... nothing...

what is surprising is the fact that \\server\c$ works but with no
right of modification...

any other ideas?

justin.richert@gmail.com

Re: strange rights behavior between Vista and 2K3
I am having a similar issue. Any File that I change or add to a
network drive becomes readonly. Files that were there before my vista
upgrade are r/w, however once I change the file with vista it goes to
R/O for vista.

On Mar 11, 1:50 pm, sho...@hotmail.fr wrote:
> thanks for your answer!
>
> however...
>
> I had already tried icacls to check those permissions and they also
> are correct.
>
> even tried to takeown files... takeown succeeded , ran icacls then,
> to grant permisssions again and... nothing...
>
> what is surprising is the fact that \\server\c$ works but with no
> right of modification...
>
> any other ideas?

shoros@hotmail.fr

Re: strange rights behavior between Vista and 2K3
Justin,

may be try to takeown files, then apply a icacls to grant
permissions...