Networking Problem - Need a little help

=?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGg=?=

Networking Problem - Need a little help
I am networking two computers - I'll call them Computer A and Computer B.

I have both computers to the point that they will "recognize" the other
computer. However, when I am sitting at Computer B and try to access
Computer A, I get the user name and password box. I enter the UN and PW and
do not get access. It says the UN and PW are not correct.

I went back to Computer A and checked the computer "name" and reset the
password. Still not luck.

Now from Computer A, I can access Computer B following the same protocol.
The UN and PW work fine.

From each computer I am using the UN and PW of the OTHER computer to try to
log in.

Computer B is running Vista Home Premium and Computer A is running Vista
Business.

Please help.
Keith D

Re: Networking Problem - Need a little help

Hi

Try this one its sorted out plenty of hassles on here

http://www.networkmagic.com/download/

cheers

keith D.

>I am networking two computers - I'll call them Computer A and Computer B.
>
> I have both computers to the point that they will "recognize" the other
> computer. However, when I am sitting at Computer B and try to access
> Computer A, I get the user name and password box. I enter the UN and PW
> and
> do not get access. It says the UN and PW are not correct.
>
> I went back to Computer A and checked the computer "name" and reset the
> password. Still not luck.
>
> Now from Computer A, I can access Computer B following the same protocol.
> The UN and PW work fine.
>
> From each computer I am using the UN and PW of the OTHER computer to try
> log in.
>
> Computer B is running Vista Home Premium and Computer A is running Vista
> Business.
>
> Please help.

=?Utf-8?B?Um9zcw==?=

Re: Networking Problem - Need a little help
have you tried turning off password protected sharing in the network and
sharing centre?

"Keith D" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try this one its sorted out plenty of hassles on here
>
> http://www.networkmagic.com/download/
>
> cheers
>
> keith D.
>

> >I am networking two computers - I'll call them Computer A and Computer B.
> >
> > I have both computers to the point that they will "recognize" the other
> > computer. However, when I am sitting at Computer B and try to access
> > Computer A, I get the user name and password box. I enter the UN and PW
> > and
> > do not get access. It says the UN and PW are not correct.
> >
> > I went back to Computer A and checked the computer "name" and reset the
> > password. Still not luck.
> >
> > Now from Computer A, I can access Computer B following the same protocol.
> > The UN and PW work fine.
> >
> > From each computer I am using the UN and PW of the OTHER computer to try
> > log in.
> >
> > Computer B is running Vista Home Premium and Computer A is running Vista
> > Business.
> >
> > Please help.

=?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGg=?=

Re: Networking Problem - Need a little help
I have not. How do I do that?

"Ross" wrote:

> have you tried turning off password protected sharing in the network and
> sharing centre?
>
> "Keith D" wrote:
>

> > Hi
> >
> > Try this one its sorted out plenty of hassles on here
> >
> > http://www.networkmagic.com/download/
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > keith D.
> >

> > >I am networking two computers - I'll call them Computer A and Computer B.
> > >
> > > I have both computers to the point that they will "recognize" the other
> > > computer. However, when I am sitting at Computer B and try to access
> > > Computer A, I get the user name and password box. I enter the UN and PW
> > > and
> > > do not get access. It says the UN and PW are not correct.
> > >
> > > I went back to Computer A and checked the computer "name" and reset the
> > > password. Still not luck.
> > >
> > > Now from Computer A, I can access Computer B following the same protocol.
> > > The UN and PW work fine.
> > >
> > > From each computer I am using the UN and PW of the OTHER computer to try
> > > log in.
> > >
> > > Computer B is running Vista Home Premium and Computer A is running Vista
> > > Business.
> > >
> > > Please help.

BillW

Re: Networking Problem - Need a little help
Do you have any advice or suggestions on how you got your computers to
recognize each other? I have 2 XP and 1 Vista computer attached to a simple
home network. The 2 XP computers can see each other and the internet. The
Vista computer can get to the internet. The Vista computer cannot be seen
or see the other XP computers. Any input on how you successfully got your
computers to recognize each other would be most appreciated. Thank you.

"Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am networking two computers - I'll call them Computer A and Computer B.
>
> I have both computers to the point that they will "recognize" the other
> computer. However, when I am sitting at Computer B and try to access
> Computer A, I get the user name and password box. I enter the UN and PW
> and
> do not get access. It says the UN and PW are not correct.
>
> I went back to Computer A and checked the computer "name" and reset the
> password. Still not luck.
>
> Now from Computer A, I can access Computer B following the same protocol.
> The UN and PW work fine.
>
> From each computer I am using the UN and PW of the OTHER computer to try
> log in.
>
> Computer B is running Vista Home Premium and Computer A is running Vista
> Business.
>
> Please help.

=?Utf-8?B?S2ltIFtNU10=?=

Re: Networking Problem - Need a little help
Keith and BillW,

I'm sorry you're experiencing trouble. In order for your XP machines to
'see' your Vista machine properly in the Network Map, you will need to
install the LLTD Responder onto your XP machine(s). You can download this
from

While LLTD helps you 'see' the Vista machine, it isn't intended to help with
file or printer sharing. If you're having trouble with that, please let me
know what error you're experiencing.

Thanks