RE: sharing,,progress, but...
I'm sorry you're experiencing trouble. Check each of the following, and
please post back if you're still not seeing the admin account files:
- Ensure every machine is in the same workgroup and same subnet
- Ensure only one firewall is enabled per machine
- Set Network Category to Home/Work (Private)
- Ensure every user account has a non-empty password
- Create the same user account (with same password) on all machines
- Ensure password protected sharing is ON
- Use 'Sharing Wizard' to create/manage shares
> I have read a lot , experimented a lot,a nd have posted many messages.
> Here's where I am at. My XP can now recognize my GUEST and PUBLIC files and
> It cannot recognize my files and folders under the administrators account
> even though I have allowed it(I'm the administrator).
> Im making progress-any suggestions?
> By the way--I finally got the XP to recognize Guest files/folders by
> creating a password in the admin account