XP Machine accessing Vista Machine over Network

Clayton

XP Machine accessing Vista Machine over Network
I would like to access a Vista machine from XP machines but the only way I
can do this is to add a username and password then login and I can access it
if it is the same as the login details on Vista.
Can this be accessed without login?

Jason H

Re: XP Machine accessing Vista Machine over Network
If you are trying to share a folder other than the public folder, you'll
have to make sure the folder permissions are the same as the share
permissions. In short, you have to allow guest access in the folder
permissions. I share Vista user folders with two XP machines that way.

"Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>I would like to access a Vista machine from XP machines but the only way I
>can do this is to add a username and password then login and I can access
>it if it is the same as the login details on Vista.
> Can this be accessed without login?

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: XP Machine accessing Vista Machine over Network
Are you talking about the remote Desktop? What's the error message if you don't logon/

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:uOonsF4YHHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
I would like to access a Vista machine from XP machines but the only way I
can do this is to add a username and password then login and I can access it
if it is the same as the login details on Vista.
Can this be accessed without login?

Keith D

No, I want to share a drive over the network

Hi

Try this one
has helped a few on here with similar problems

http://www.networkmagic.com/download/

cheers

Keith D

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: XP Machine accessing Vista Machine over Network
The easy way is creating the same username on both computers.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:eiqkW04YHHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
No, I want to share a drive over the network

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" <noreply@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ugarKt4YHHA.992@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
Are you talking about the remote Desktop? What's the error message if you don't logon/

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:uOonsF4YHHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
I would like to access a Vista machine from XP machines but the only way I
can do this is to add a username and password then login and I can access it
if it is the same as the login details on Vista.
Can this be accessed without login?

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=

Re: XP Machine accessing Vista Machine over Network
Network magic - is magic... Give it a go.. I bet your issue(s) will be solved.

Jeff