Home networking

BillW

Home networking
I currently have a router with 2 XP PCs connected running on a simple home
network. I've connected a new computer running Vista to the router and it
gets to the internet just fine. I cannot find where I can connect the new
Vista computer to the home network. In XP, there is a very obvious home
network link that starts the wizard, but I can't find the comparable link in
Vista. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I only want to
add the new Vista PC to my home network so it can access shared files and
printers. Thank you very much for your help.

Nate Russell

Re: Home networking
I am having the similar problem, only I have a new laptop with Vista, and 5
other XP PC's on a workgroup. I have no idea why none of the computers will
recognize, the only thing I can imagine is that there is some simple little
fix that we need to do and the whole thing starts working fine. I would try
going to circuitcity or bestbuy, and asking them, they tend to offer free
advice.

hope i could help
nate

"BillW" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
news:T66dna_Dy5ZTgm_YnZ2dnUVZ_vqpnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>I currently have a router with 2 XP PCs connected running on a simple home
>network. I've connected a new computer running Vista to the router and it
>gets to the internet just fine. I cannot find where I can connect the new
>Vista computer to the home network. In XP, there is a very obvious home
>network link that starts the wizard, but I can't find the comparable link
>in Vista. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I only want
>to add the new Vista PC to my home network so it can access shared files
>and printers. Thank you very much for your help.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2VkcmljIFJvZ2Vycw==?=

RE: Home networking
This does get to be frustrating. I have XP and Vista at home. My XP can
easily see VISTA but vista cannot see XP computers. I am finding in XP it is
easy to configure a home network but in Vista it is a bit more difficult or
at least not straight forward as previous OS. Can anyone help?
--
Cedric Rogers
What buy when you can tradeforit

"BillW" wrote:

> I currently have a router with 2 XP PCs connected running on a simple home
> network. I've connected a new computer running Vista to the router and it
> gets to the internet just fine. I cannot find where I can connect the new
> Vista computer to the home network. In XP, there is a very obvious home
> network link that starts the wizard, but I can't find the comparable link in
> Vista. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I only want to
> add the new Vista PC to my home network so it can access shared files and
> printers. Thank you very much for your help.

koze

Re: Home networking

for other PC's

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net..._fp.mspx#EZOAC
ko
"Cedric Rogers" <cedricrogers@trademeforit.com> schreef in bericht
> This does get to be frustrating. I have XP and Vista at home. My XP can
> easily see VISTA but vista cannot see XP computers. I am finding in XP it
> is
> easy to configure a home network but in Vista it is a bit more difficult
> or
> at least not straight forward as previous OS. Can anyone help?
> --
> Cedric Rogers
> What buy when you can tradeforit
> at http://www.trademeforit.com
>

> "BillW" wrote:
>
>> I currently have a router with 2 XP PCs connected running on a simple
>> home
>> network. I've connected a new computer running Vista to the router and
>> it
>> gets to the internet just fine. I cannot find where I can connect the
>> new
>> Vista computer to the home network. In XP, there is a very obvious home
>> network link that starts the wizard, but I can't find the comparable link
>> in
>> Vista. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I only want
>> add the new Vista PC to my home network so it can access shared files and
>> printers. Thank you very much for your help.

Keith D

REPLY:-: Home networking

Hi

Same answer for all of you

http://www.networkmagic.com/

will do the trick i suspect

other enemy could also be third party firewalls
most of which have had to be deleted entirely from computers

just disable wont help as it will still run in background
if you scroll down messages looking for one from Kim[MS]
there is a url to take you to a list of firewalls which are ok
if you are not on the list it looks like a delete job

cheers for now

Keith D.