Shared Vista Printers Not Sharing

Bill D

Shared Vista Printers Not Sharing
I installed Vista Home Premium on a desktop and it has a laser printer
attached to it. The printer works fine from that desktop.

I changed the Network from Public to Private so it would be discoverable.

I shared the Printer in Vista File and Printer Sharing.

I made sure File and Printer Sharing is turned on.

I can connect to the Vista machine from a Macintosh OS X system and can
share files with it.

I can't connect to the Vista machine from another machine running Vista nor
from a Windows XP machine.

I love this...the Mac can share files both ways with Vista but the Windows
machines can't. And neither the Mac nor the Windows machines can see the
Shared Printer on the Vista machine.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Keith D

Re: Shared Vista Printers Not Sharing

Here you go

http://www.networkmagic.com/

it doe s MAC computersas well i think if you check

cheers

Keith D.

>I installed Vista Home Premium on a desktop and it has a laser printer
>attached to it. The printer works fine from that desktop.
>
> I changed the Network from Public to Private so it would be discoverable.
>
> I shared the Printer in Vista File and Printer Sharing.
>
> I made sure File and Printer Sharing is turned on.
>
> I can connect to the Vista machine from a Macintosh OS X system and can
> share files with it.
>
> I can't connect to the Vista machine from another machine running Vista
> nor from a Windows XP machine.
>
> I love this...the Mac can share files both ways with Vista but the Windows
> machines can't. And neither the Mac nor the Windows machines can see the
> Shared Printer on the Vista machine.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> thanks

=?Utf-8?B?S2ltIFtNU10=?=

RE: Shared Vista Printers Not Sharing
Bill D,

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems. What error message are you getting
from either the Vista or XP machine when trying to access the printer? Can
you see the printer from the map, or from the network list?