opening files on another pc that i can see on my home network

=?Utf-8?B?TWFnb28=?=

opening files on another pc that i can see on my home network
I can see my other pc on the network i have at home. when i try to open them
i can only get into users on the other pc. I try to open my music and my
videos but it says it is not accessible you might not have permission to use
this network resource.
When i go into permissions i don't see my pc account to enable me
permission. Can anyone help.
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: opening files on another pc that i can see on my home network
Can you add your username in Security tab?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Magoo" <Magoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:582A021C-EEC9-4969-AE92-42B2F6F45B8B@microsoft.com...
I can see my other pc on the network i have at home. when i try to open them
i can only get into users on the other pc. I try to open my music and my
videos but it says it is not accessible you might not have permission to use
this network resource.
When i go into permissions i don't see my pc account to enable me
permission. Can anyone help.
=?Utf-8?B?ZWRkeWFk?=

RE: opening files on another pc that i can see on my home network
Hi, I had the same problem and I could also see the printers on the other
computer but could not access them. I found the answer at
http://www.winvistabeta.com/groups/1...k/message.aspx
follow the instructions on the computer you can not access and it will solve
your problem. it is a problem with the IRPStackSize on the computer you are
trying to access

"Magoo" wrote:

> I can see my other pc on the network i have at home. when i try to open them
> i can only get into users on the other pc. I try to open my music and my
> videos but it says it is not accessible you might not have permission to use
> this network resource.
> When i go into permissions i don't see my pc account to enable me
> permission. Can anyone help.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFnb28=?=

Re: opening files on another pc that i can see on my home network
Do you mean on my PC or the PC that the files are on? I have had a look on
my pc and when I go onto the security tab it says '' You do not ahave
permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> Can you add your username in Security tab?
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "Magoo" <Magoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:582A021C-EEC9-4969-AE92-42B2F6F45B8B@microsoft.com...
> I can see my other pc on the network i have at home. when i try to open them
> i can only get into users on the other pc. I try to open my music and my
> videos but it says it is not accessible you might not have permission to use
> this network resource.
> When i go into permissions i don't see my pc account to enable me
> permission. Can anyone help

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: opening files on another pc that i can see on my home network
It should be the remote (you try to access). However, it is easy to add an identical username with the same password on both computers. But you do need to be a administrator to do so.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE