Choose Network

Tristan

Choose Network
Each time I connect to the internet windows asks me to choose a network and
assigns a new number to this connection.
Is there a way that I can set a default network setting (Public) to be
automatically chosen?
I am using a mobile braodband modem.

Thanks
Tristan.
Bob F.

Re: Choose Network
"Tristan" <Tristan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Each time I connect to the internet windows asks me to choose a network
> and
> assigns a new number to this connection.
> Is there a way that I can set a default network setting (Public) to be
> automatically chosen?
> I am using a mobile braodband modem.
>
> Thanks
> Tristan.

Is this a new installation? Did it ever work? How are you connected?
Ethernet router to your "mobile braodband [sic] modem", or directly, How?
Have you done any configuration work? Workstation or laptop? Home or
Office? Please provide more details about your setup. What network would
you like to be connected to? IOW, Have you contracted with an ISP (Internet
Service Provider) yet?
--
BobF.
Lincoln actually got it right but was way ahead of his time when he said,

Tristan

Re: Choose Network
Hi Bob,

I am using an Acer Aspire 5633 laptop and a 3 mobile broadband dongle with
Vista Home Premium.
Yes, it works, I am connected successfully to the internet each time (3 is
the ISP).
I just don't want to have to choose network from the screen which pops up
each time and have every dial up given a new number.
Does that give you enough info?

Regards
Tristan.